15 años ayudando a las empresas colombianas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre athenaOne

Solución de facturación médica y gestión de consultas que ayuda a gestionar reclamaciones, citas, registros de llegada de pacientes, creación de informes y más.

Descubre más sobre athenaOne

Single login to a completely integrated solution: EMR & PM. Great out of the box reporting tools.

Contras:

This is an additional step that has caused some issues with providers placing cases in the wrong place or not closing them properly.

Valoraciones de athenaOne

3,8
Relación calidad-precio
3,5

Probabilidad de recomendación

athenaOne tiene una valoración global de 3,8 estrellas sobre 5 según las 848 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado athenaOne antes?

Filtrar opiniones (848)

Amy
Fuente de la reseña

We love all things Athena EMR!

4,0 hace 2 años
Los subtítulos en español están disponibles en el reproductor de vídeo
Karissa Faye
Karissa Faye
BSN en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 5.001-10.000 empleados

easy to use

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I am using it in my work and I have not received any complaint of difficulty or malfunction with payment from the patient and just this week, I have used athenaone as a patient used when I paid my bill from Banner Health. I can truly say it is a very good and recommendable software to use.

It is easy to use, fast and transactions are safe. As of today, I did not encounter any patient that complains when it comes to their billing statements with athenaone software. The statement enters through a link sent via SMS and email, in that way the patients will have choices in whatever mode they want to use to access their medical bill.

Contras:

The only thing I would suggest for improvement is that once the patient settled the bill, they cannot review back immediately the previous bill posted but from the admin side, if there are any query from the patient, all the details can be accessed and viewed by the health care staff so it is still east to assist the patient.

Joelle
CCMA en EE. UU.
Práctica médica, 51-200 empleados

Perspective from a Medical Assistant

4,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall I have enjoyed my use and time with AthenaHealth. I truly appreciated the in depth knowledge the trainers provided, and the time they spent with us following training to ensure we had all of our bases covered.

As a CCMA I am accessing the EMR before, during and often after each visit. I have done everything from prior auths, RX refills, procedure documentation, clinic check-in, injections documentation, and so much more through Athena. I find that I can easily maneuver, document, update and communicate ia Athena systems. I appreciate the adequate training we received through Athena reps, and enjoy the flow of working in the system with ease and fluidity.

Contras:

Rarely, the system will not have the correct or specific code or med I am looking for. The database is wide and as a large offering, however, on a rare occasion i have to improvise.

Kristin
Owner/Practitioner
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Disheartening, despite ok start, progressively worse over time (less than 6 mos) and continues

1,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Marketed as a product for multiple disciplines and specialties, however, does not support occupational therapy services. OTs are told to use PT templates and configurations despite (1) potential conflicts with documentation for reimbursement and (2) being initially told that OTs were a supported discipline.
Account managers are not useful as they refer back to the service center for all issues. It is an endless cycle. Not knowingly, we were not set up properly before launch, and despite repeatedly telling the AM that the system wasn't sufficient for us and that we had to work harder to make it work for us, 7 months later we find that ours is not configured as it should have been. This was discovered after connecting in The community on The resource hub, which is another brush off that The managers refer clients to repeatedly, as well add o-help. There has been no response on this or even consideration of trying to keep a client happy by an account manager.
The system is severely lacking and counterintuitive, and if individuals make suggestions for improvement, they are "voted on" for consideration, even if the suggestions or requests are standard in the industry or required by governing bodies. Many requests and improvements are not made. We truly question is up to date and compliant.
Clients are told to create templates, or modify current (such as a standard facesheet), by coding them independently. Most medical practitioners (1) are not coders and (2) are not paying for a service that requires more time and effort than less. I was actually told by a higher level account manager that the solution could be to hire an outside coding agency to complete this task (vs it being standard in the existing product or have a dedicated person in Athenahealth that assists with coding needs).
The therapist reviews in the hub are not favorable. Individuals considering purchase of system would never know how many years of complaints exist and "make it work" scenarios. Unfortunately, changing EMRs is not simple and quick and is often costly. The billing portion is fair but mistakes are still made with submission requiring extra time in "hold" and delays in reimbursement. AthenaClinicals is just horrible.
There is a definite environment fostered within Athena that is brush off, dodge issues, let clients figure it out, and if they leave "oh well." We are disheartened and infuriated at the same time. If our practice had the same reviews, both public and internally, I would be very ashamed, take a step back,
and wonder where things went wrong, let alone REALLY wrong.
Bottomline: if anyone sees this who is considering Athena, regardless of discipline, go with another service provider. We as existing clients see ALOT in the community feedback on our resource hub. You will be entering something that you will then be prepared to get out of with excess cost.

Practice management reports and features are in abundance if that is your priority. The reminder call system does what it is supposed to. Community section in resource hub lets you know that others are just as frustrated and upset. Most of the customer service reps are very pleasant and helpful when the functionality or configuration is there; of it is sub par and missing, they do apologize.

Contras:

The clinical documentation product is terrible. Supports physician- based practices vs rehab/OT/PT (though clients can see comments on product for all disciplines). Lack of quality templates that are compliant with regulatory agency requirements. Lack of feedback options. Lack of support. Account managers do not actually help to manage any issues you have with product. Very time consuming to call in for support repeatedly. Athenahealth clearly does not review feedback on community resource hub. Individuals that process Athenafax can be lazy and not process items with documents clearly identified with Athena identifiers/ printing, leaving in review for practice to handle (extra work). Honestly...too many cons to list.

Ben
Pharmacy Tech en EE. UU.

AthenaOne

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: We really like AthenaOne and are learning new things about it monthly. It is convenient and easy to use once you learn it. There are so many ways that AthenaOne makes everything easier that you almost get spoiled once you learn how to do something the easy way.

I like that AthenaOne is easy to learn and once you can navigate the different fields, you can know everything that you need to know about our patients.

Contras:

AthenaOne has a lot of different fields and functions that are available. Learning everything there is to know and how they can help with your practice is almost a full-time job.

Susan
Office Manager en EE. UU.

User Friendly

5,0 hace 2 meses

Comentarios: Overall I would choose Athena again and recommend it to my colleagues.

AthenaOne does updates frequently to stay on top of the constant changes in healthcare. Training information is provided at each step of the way. The best feature is the live chat function that allows you access any assistance/troubleshooting needed in real time.

Contras:

The process to work claims on the back end takes some getting used to.

Taiwo
Physician en EE. UU.

Alternativas consideradas:

Tread Carefully and do not believe the sales rep

3,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: The EMR is ok to work with. I think combining with the RCM has really made the experience terrible. Please do not use their RCM or their billing service, you will lose money, miss deadlines for timely filing. They don't notify the practice if there is a large patient balance so you can't collect on time. They are so slow in updating patient and insurance payments so you don't know on time if your claims are denied early enough to take corrective action. This has been more frustrating. Once I took up the billing myself, life was so much easier. They also said you could downgrade at anytime, well there are stipulations to that, DO NOT BELIEVE WHAT THEY TELL YOU. They say you'll have CSM (customer service manager) to help make sure your billing is going well; well, that's if you ever get one to speak to you. They were supposed to reach out monthly to ensure you are getting all the money due to be paid to you, no one reached out to me. 3 months in, I started wondering so I reached out, then they switched me to someone else who was trying to sell me more products. I would not recommend their billing services or RCM at all. Just get your own biller.

The EMR has good templates, the patient portal is pretty good. Implementation was the worst, they use these people who live in other countries who have the most minimum knowledge so implementing this was as stressful as using their RCUM. I had to ask for someone else because my go-live date was due and this guy could not answer my questions.

Contras:

The RCM and billing service is the worst. Don't even attempt it.

Teegan
Teegan
Medical Student Intern en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Some good features, but bad layout

3,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: It served its purpose while I was in school and I think it was chosen because it worked with multiple disciplines, but I never considered it for my own practice after graduation. It was too slow and not customizable enough.

The templates and text shortcuts were probably the best part of this software. The ability to add drop down menus and text boxes to your text shortcuts was extremely helpful for creating templates. The ability to share those shortcuts was also very useful for providing the same template to multiple people. Epocrates, which is the prescription side of Athena was also very nice for looking up drug interactions.

Contras:

The layout of this software is terrible. Very confusing and it takes a lot of clicking to access any part of the patient’s chart. Not to mention switching between different sections of the chart requires the doctor who click and wait for the new page to load. This would have been much better if Athena used a more standard SOAP format all on one page.

Brandi
Medical biller en EE. UU.
Práctica médica, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Billing is okay, AR is not

4,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Billing is fairly easy to work through and train on. Navigation is alright, but there could be some shortcut implemented.

Contras:

You pay for both the program AND athena employees to work your claims. They honestly don't have the skills and knowledge to effectively manage the AR.

CFO en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 501-1.000 empleados

EMR review

4,0 hace 2 meses

Billing ease, reporting, functionality and customer service.

Contras:

Level of growth and capacity level of As the company grows may be limited.

LeAnne
Patient service representative en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 10.000+ empleados

Easy to use option

4,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

The functionality of it, it is easy to use and to navigate.

Contras:

Sometimes the scheduling feature gets wonky but overall it’s solid

Abigail
Clinical Director en EE. UU.
Cuidado de la salud mental, 2-10 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

Excellent product, poor onboarding implementation.

5,0 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: AthenaOne allowed our business to consolidate many of our third-party apps into one complete EHR system.

AthenaOne is an all-in-one EHR system that has most, if not all, the features one could want in their EHR. If you wish to consolidate your softwares into one product, AthenaOne is a good option.

Contras:

The worst part of AthenaOne was the lengthy onboarding process. While it is to be expected when switching EHR systems, our original sales representative did not give an accurate impression of just how extensive and lengthy the implementation is. Expect to need several full time employees working only on integration for several months.

Kimberly
MD, Practice owner and manager en EE. UU.

Medical practice--My way

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: AthenaHealth EHR is an affordable way for a small practice to have a quality EHR. I pay a percent of my collections. I like the tie between what I get paid determines what Athena gets paid. That gives Athena a healthy interest in my business' financial performance.

I love that I have the ability to customize my order sets and templates. I also like that I can draw on the expertise of other medical practice templates so that I didn't have to re-invent the wheel in many instances!

Contras:

Sometimes there is a hesitation in changing "pages". It is a cloud based software so my local internet and the internet where the software is located do play into the speed of use.

Mindy
Business Office Manager en EE. UU.

Athena EMR

4,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Overall, very good EMR. Great price. Poor support and improvements on hospital platform

Lots of billing intelligence and assistance.

Contras:

They focus heavily on the ambulatory side, and not as much on the hospital side. Also- long wait times for customer support.

Cameron
Primary Care Physician en EE. UU.

Worst EHR Imaginable to a Physician

1,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I am a Family Medicine primary care physician. I have worked w/ my fair share of various EHRs over the years & have to say that, of all the ones I’ve used in the past, Athenahealth is w/o a doubt the absolute worst. To be fair, it does have (some) good things about it as aforementioned above, but those helpful features pale in comparison to the daily struggle that using this system most commonly affords to the provider. Note that the majority of those singing this product’s praises via reviews on this website are administrators who only have to use it for billing & not the doctors actually battling & doing the necessary hard work in the trenches. That should tell you something. And those few doctors who do like it tend to either not be in primary care or, based on their specialty, simply don’t actually have to use & document on it much. But as an individual w/ even the slightest shred of computer programming/coding experience, I can quickly look at this EHR & recognize a system which was initially poorly coded & has since long been neglected by its original developers. Again to reiterate, IT/customer support is entirely absent & derelict in their duties to continually improve on this system. One final piece of food for thought to top it all off is that I was just getting so frustrated w/ this system over time in a sort of Pavlovian conditioned sensitization that I was ultimately forced to resign from my first-time career job as a PCP as a result. So don’t be me.

The organization of certain sections was done pretty well. Easy INR managing. Fairly good growth charts w/ automatically calculated percentages available. Good implementation of external screening questionnaires, meaningful use, etc. Ability to create auto-texts, templates, etc.

Contras:

Glitchiest product imaginable: text formatting issues, superimposed text transferring to next screen, text failing to scroll to next line causing entire paragraph to look jumbled up, poor copy-paste, small view screens/boxes, stubborn dragging/sorting of ICD diagnosis code boxes, frequent slow-downs, freezes, sudden unpredictable crashes failing to save one’s note work. Severely outdated terminology for certain medical diagnoses making simple common diseases difficult to find in search feature. Abysmal medication refill system. 3, 5, sometimes even 10-15 min. to address 1 refill request (inexcusable). Very difficult to confidently say whether a prescription has actually been filled or not. Medication lists are just a complete trainwreck. ‘Medicare monthly order form’ is not a medication that should EVER need to be reconciled. System shockingly even was able to allow me to prescribe controlled substances under other doctors’ names unwittingly & w/o their consent. Poorly interfaces w/ outside labs, pharmacies, hospitals, other clinics, etc. Does not communicate well w/ others. Requires way too much daily hands-on maintenance work to keep organized, unsustainable for a busier practice. Absolutely ZERO (& I do mean ZERO) helpful customer or IT support. Even had an Athena clinical trainor fly in to seemingly attempt to help, who only sat in the break room & fiddled on their computer the whole week & ultimately proved incapable of providing effective solutions.

Small to medium business EHR Solutions

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Overall, this is a decent solution. We have grown exponentially as a non-profit and it's quite possible that we could have gotten a bigger product like Epic or Allscripts, but Athena fit what we needed at the time and changing it would be... intense. It has ushered our care into the digital age, and I think if you are a small or medium sized business Athena would fit the bill nicely for all of its features and usability.

We use AthenaHealth every day. The portal is easy to use and implement (users simply configure a browser, login). Their help desk is pretty decent. For a small to medium business looking for an Electronic Medical Portal for their staff to use, Athena would make a great alternative to larger options like Epic or Allscripts. It supports proprietary devices (payment processing, or card and check scanning devices) which can be a pain but makes purchasing and insurance scans and patient registration and charting easy overall. Updates seem to be fairly streamlined and well-communicated (happen quite often) and don't seem to impact care unless it's a larger update. Athena has a backup domain (if their site does down) as well as stack updates for troubleshooting down times with different components of the EHR which is VERY helpful.

Contras:

Most changes are up-voted, which means that they are voted on by other agencies trying to get their changes implemented as most valuable. Things like Billing and Patient Care do not streamline well enough yet together--they work in two separate constructs, so our billing is constantly having to rework the way that they bill to fit the way Athena works with Patient Care. Troubleshooting with our medical assistants can sometimes be complex with Athena, so for more complex issues, the help desk might take you to two or three different folks to solve an issue. The Help Desk has become more complex making it harder to navigate ticketing. It was simpler to put in a ticket prior to the changes.

Sharyl
Practice Administrator en EE. UU.
Práctica médica, 11-50 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Athena creates EHR efficiency for medical practices

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: As stated above, since our Athena "Go Live" 2 1/2 years ago I have been able to reduced our medical practice overhead, reduce staff, all while increasing revenue, and providing to our providers and staff a manageable clinic day. At the end of each day, all messages and calls are returned to patients and the days charts completed.

I have worked with and launched four other EHR's. When people ask me what I like most about AthenaNet, I tell them that "Athena just makes sense." We have a very busy medical practice seeing over 35 patients each day in our clinic along with answering over 60 triage messages on the phone or through the patient portal daily. Since our Athena "Go Live" 2 1/2 years ago I have been able to reduced practice overhead while increasing revenue, all while providing a manageable clinic day for our providers and staff. At the end of each day, all messages and calls are returned to patients and the days charts completed. Our success has been mostly do to Athena's ability to streamline our patient visit process from check-in to check-out, plus communication with patients outside of the patient visit. Our check-in process with co-pays, scanning insurance information and updating demographics, day of visit medication updates, and insurance verification have significantly reduced check-in time. Providers are able to view imaging within the patient's chart allowing clinical decisions and patient concerns addressed during the visit, along with orders placed using custom templates and patient information printed with patient identification barcode on each page that we designed to create an efficient process at intake, exam and check-out all in the exam room. In addition, billing and dictation are typically completed either during the exam, or before the end of that day.

Contras:

The CSC process needs to get better. With the new CSC Create a Case process issues and problems are difficult to get resolved with one phone call. Many times my issue needs to be escalated, not able to be solved by the person on the phone.

jeffrey
Owner/Podiatrist

Works well...

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Hi. Quite surprised to read other reviews actually. Im a pod... starting in private practice with emr "Cerner"... hated it. always have, always will...although it has been at least 2 yrs since I've seen Cerner in action. My wife, another doctor, actually uses practice fusion...one of the many free online web based servers. I started with athena bc to me, starting out on my own (literally), it was the easiest one-stop-shop. Learning the system is not hard, it is quite easy. From beginning to end, I can literally -meet/greet/take copays, finish intake, perform and document my exam, treat the patient, proceed to check out and r/s and finally to billing- in all of...maybe 10-15 min...thats with NO staff. Done, seen, treated, billed! I like that. If a new patient, will be bit longer of course with intake, BUT that step is very rate limiting depending on who you have doing it.
I find ease, use and flow to be great. Rarely glitches, but yes there are some. Can easily work on 3-4 charts at once.

ease of use, it really is good. work on multiple charts at one time rarely glitches or down time Athena is certainly closer to a "practice fusion"... very user-friendly..set up more like navigating to/through a web browser/site then "medical-based program" can use your own templates, but they claim to have many (i ONLY use my own- never even once tried athena's) CS is NOT like most reviews are stating... I have used the Athena CS/help/claims helpline many, many, many times, and 90% of the time, issues gets resolved quickly.

Contras:

the cost of course. the larger you are/more pts/billing, perhaps better the rate you will get. that is the only thing for me really.... do I want a free based software that I may or may not like, and then pay for a biller? or pay for my own cloud-based billing software....? and then, of course, you have to check up on everything.... hmm. Its less worry and less need for staff if you ask me. Again, I just started out and although I have a steady flow of pts, my opinions may change if I were seeing 45-60 pts/day with a staff of 5-10 behind the counter.... For me, now, I am more than comfortable with Athena. I like them and I like the program. Only real con I see (which I think u can manage/manipulate/pay for on different basis) the pt statements. Meaning, pts that owe the office money... Athena apparently sends out THREE (3) statements per month (..think ?this is correct). The issue is, the office has NO CONTROL over which statements go out. For a real example, I had a pt call the office re his bill/statement for $. Another patient called in for one that had a balance of $ of course probably copays and coinsurance, however, Athena completely misses sending other statements for much larger balances. So, it's kind of random. I have multiple pts with an outstanding balance or even $!

Susan
Practice owner en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados

Terrible experience

2,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: When we first signed on with Athena almost 5 years ago things were OK. It seemed like they provided us with the onboarding help we needed, but, in the last year, it has been beyond terrible. You probably won't believe what I am about to say, but it is 100% true. 2 years into using Athena, we decided to change our practice name and speciality, and essentially needed to start another 'company' with all new tax ID etc. It required us to essentially onboard and become credentialed from the beginning again. I was assigned to someone named [SENSITIVE CONTENT] to work with this. We were about 7-8 months into the process when I started having the feeling that something was wrong, because no one was asking us for any information. I kept emailing and calling [SENSITIVE CONTENT] for reassurance that everything was going according to plan because our go live date was coming up. We had put out a lot of messaging to our patients that this big change was coming etc. I must have asked at least 6 or 7 times for clarification and he kept responding that everything was good to go. We 2 days before our go live date my rep called and apologized as she told me that actually, nothing had happened. The implementation of the new practice had been started or gotten off the ground. Apparently it had not 'gotten assigned to anyone in the right department'. Of course I was livid and just essentially dropped the process because Covid was happening and there was too much other stuff going on at the time.

The only thing I think has been really good has been its interface with labs and imaging

Contras:

User ability and support: It is impossible to get any one on one help. It takes days to weeks to get someone to respond to a call. They require you submit these 'cases' when you have an urgent need which don't ever get addressed. It has been a nightmare. They are very expensive and so not worth it for what you get.

Bryan
Doctor en EE. UU.
Práctica médica

Its All My Fault

1,0 hace 9 años

Software is web based and accessible from any computer connected to the web. Integrates document handling as well as notes and billing into one package. I reviewed a lot of products over the years and the basic design principle is what I was looking for.

Contras:

Our experience was simply unfathomable. We were on this product for just less than one year. Training and setup takes 3 months, not unreasonable but also they don't really understand small practices and how to train them. While various types of software are something I'm familiar with, and I found templates easy to make as well as modify, we were misinformed about what we were getting, and many of the bad experiences posted here were also experienced by us. We vetted this product as well as we could. We did a site visit, everyone we talked to was very happy with it. However, about the time we went on the product we understand that we were not alone in what followed, but it took weeks of searching to locate the others. Prior users, who had been happy also reported to us that they were struggling with it now. Another clinic in our town was struggling, one of their staff told me that they "hated it" but they apparently are not willing to speak out openly. We were experienced EMR users, having used more than one product and having 13 years of experience. Vendor training and support staff do not really understand their product, nor can they really help with other than simple questions. If there is a functional problem, you are just out of luck. They are just wasting your time online much of the time. We spent hours on the phone, week after week after week. Months of heavy, unbelievably hard and long days, working 15, 18, 21 hours in a day, and still unable to get encounters done. Over 100K in unsubmitted billings, unable to close the encounters. We kept customizing the workflow, adding encounter plans, adding templates, and the system kept getting slower, and slower, and slower, by the last month we were getting dropped off 20-30 times a day and the system was not responding to us for agonizingly long periods of time. Tech support absent, like the Wizard of Oz behind the curtain, saying everything is functioning well. We had one good month, only one, which deluded us into continuing to try to work with them. Three account representatives in 8 months, none of them did anything but the last one, who actually visited our office and told us we had not been informed of a problem using our OS and Athena, and that we "should have been told." Later, he retracts everything while on the phone with his supervisor saying "I was wrong." My patients repeatedly told me that the patient portal was so slow that they just stopped using it. They blamed our ISP first (we used it from 5 different locations with around 18 different computers), then it was our network, my staff, me, and in the end it was "something wrong with" my equipment but not a problem on their end. Complete and utter denial of a problem with the software. My staff hours rose by a minimum 20-30% on Athena, not decreasing as we expected, my hours nearly doubled, my ARNP quit because she wasn't able to see patients fast enough to actually make an income, she was working 8-12 hours a day to see 8 patients. Staff informed me that misfiling of documents by Athena and their having to refile them was taking 2-3 times longer than if they simply filed them all themselves. This misfiling continued despite our efforts to get it corrected and despite some documents having the actual filing category in large bold print at the top of the page so they wouldn't have to figure it out. We spent unbelievable amounts of time logging in, getting kicked off, getting unresponsive screens, and watching the "Wheel of Time" (apologies to the late Robert Jordan but he and his writing team haven't seen anything like the "Wheel of Time" that we experienced). It could take longer to submit a billing than it actually took to see a brief patient. It could take longer to document a visit for a complex patient than it took to see them. This product could do it, but it was nonfunctional to much of the time. We tried to get to talk directly to the technicians, they would not allow us, we tried to get in contact with the higher management and the people we were working with terminated our contract 11 months in, giving us the required three months notice. Three to four weeks later the system became essentially unresponsive most of the time, we had to either close immediately and declare bankruptcy or go back to our old EMR. We went back and pulled out of the mess. It was to late though, I closed my practice just 10 days ago, after 14 years, I was not able to accumulate enough financial reserve to attempt another transition before ICD 10 goes into effect. In my office, a 14 year old server, lowest cost Dell from 2001, single processor, 2 GB of RAM, handling outgoing faxes, importing incoming faxes from a Brother MFC, all incoming documents, an entire record system, a document handling library service with literally scores of thousands of documents in an electronic filing cabinet, with literally probably hundreds of thousands of pages of documentation, and my entire library of documents from 1998 onward, was able to easily outperform the Athena product. I worked hard to make sure we had a good platform on our end, we had a gigabit network, new cabling, gigabit switches and ethernet cards, SSD's on all our PC's, and more ISP bandwidth than a nearby 90 bed nursing facility has for their TV, PC's, and their staff to use...all for a small 1.4 FTE solo practice with 5 persons using it. It didn't matter, the system was not responsive.

Angelique
Physician/ Owner en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great reports, poor customer service

3,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Athena has a great and robust reporting module especially helpful for practices attesting for meaningful use and PCMH, the problem with this is that it is difficult to do on your own and requires a Customer service ticket which takes a long time to get answered. The charting is easy once you get your templates setup. If you do not do this on the front end (during implementation) getting help to do later is impossible and you will need help as it is not very intuitive. Many templates were lost during one of their upgrades without warning so it has been difficult to rebuild them. We have grown and added locations while on Athena and because they are your primary biller if they do not verify all of the credentialing that you send them you cannot bill. This was problematic because you cannot directly talk to the persons doing this there is always a go-between with Athena. I love the EPCS for patients requiring a schedule, as a pediatrician I have quite a few ADHD pts and nice not to worry about assessing where prescriptions really lost! No need for paper. However, with one of their upgrades, I can no longer save medications so must write sig and quantity for every medication each time which is time-consuming. Lastly, the promised billing has failed our practice. The workflow was to be we would not need a biller and get increased revenue with clean claims. We see a large Medicaid population and were not told that they had virtually no experience with that and even going to them with specifics as to the problem it would still take upwards a month to fix. Not only have we not gotten rid of our biller but increased his time as many Medicaid claims he submits thru the portal yet Athena charges us for this. The account managers are unavailable in meetings vacations or no longer with the company.
Pros: Reporting, Easy charting once template is created, EPCS, Integration of charges to the superbill
Cons: Customer support, E-prescribing, Not reasonable expectation to not need a biller, Overpriced, not a good fit if you are a practice that adds services, providers, or locations, must use their bank to receive payments and then it takes 1-2 days to get transferred to your business account

jane
Doctor en EE. UU.
Práctica médica
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

I am a provider and have used this system for over one year.

2,0 hace 8 años

The prompts that help with RAF scores and star ratings is useful. I like the minichart feature and the meds data that pops up so I know what meds pts have been filling or getting elsewhere. I like the format for the assessment/plan and ordering of labs/studies/meds. I like that you can trend data like vital signs and labs.

Contras:

THE BOX TO VIEW RESULTS IS A SMALL WINDOW IN WHICH YOU CAN ONLY SEE A LITTLE PART OF THE LABS AT A TIME AND HAVE TO SCROLL FOREVER TO SEE THE WHOLE THING. PLEASE ATHENA CHANGE YOUR VIEWING SCREEN FOR LAB RESULTS. The scrolling action for everything is cumbersome and wastes so much time; there should be tabs that take you to each part of the note- the "jump to" feature is not the same and only works when you're working from the "exam" tab. It's hard to find old labs/notes/results unless you scroll, scroll, scroll through past notes. The more times the pt has been there the more scrolling you have to do to find things. There is no tab for imaging studies/labs/consults, etc. **There is also no way to mark the incoming labs/documents/etc in your inbox to know that you've already viewed them; you may want to hold on to them for some reason but if you can't label that you've viewed it, the next time you open your inbox you keep reopening the same ones to check if it's an old or new document. This wastes time because each click takes a while to load. The system often seems slow even though our internet connection is fine. Jumping from one thing to another causes you to lose the window you were in. There is no easy way to mark charts you want to make reminder notes for yourself on; you have to make a pt case each time and that crowds your pt case box. When someone replies to a pt case or sends a lab/imaging result back with notes it ends up back in my box but not marked as read or unread and sometimes I dont open because I think it's still the same old note/result I'm saving. If I want to make suggestions to Athena there's no one to talk to about these things.

Brook
orthopedic surgeon en EE. UU.

Very dissappointed

2,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: Poor. what else can i say? If you had a question, you were routed to someone in pakistan who knew little to nothing about your billing but would read a paragraph they were given to tell you. It was silly.
Seriously, most of you know all billing companies kinda suck. But this is one of the worst. Athena was the main reason I closed by private practice. I considered switching billing companies, but I just got tire of dealing with it. Take my advice, DO NOT use AthenaOne for billing. The EMR portion is soso, middle of the road. Billing portion is 3 thumbs down.

not what it was advertised to be. was also told that data migration would be seamless if i left; turns out I cant migrate anything. "termination team" still has not been assigned despite notice given to leave 3mo ago

Contras:

Athena did a good job on selling me that all billing would be handled and I would need to put very little effort into this aspect. It couldnt have been further from the truth. In actuality, I needed to hire a full time biller to review the deficiencies created by Athena. The billing process is not run by billers, it is run by a software program. charges sat in a "bucket" until the charges were no longer valid due to untimely billing. I lost out on so much billing its sickening.

Cate
Pharmacy Technician en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 501-1.000 empleados

Our "Alliance" with Athena

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: As a smaller local hospital we did not utilize Athena for our hospital ERM however our physicians network did. The system utilized by the hospital and Athena utilized by the physicians network did not communicate therefore information would need to be manually obtained for a patient who had a primary care physician within our own network that had been admitted to our hospital. Confusing for both nursing staff and the patient who was having to give a complete history and physical all over again. I was granted access to the Athena to act a liaison between hospital and physician. I found while utilizing Athena that it provided a valuable quick overview of patient demographics, medical history, medications, etc. However, while reviewing things such as medications I found that the system allowed not only for duplications but for entries to be saved as "free text" or saved while incomplete (missing drug strength, frequency, etc.). I was also disappointed to find that while I had access to this information, there was no quick way to share the information with other providers other than to print and fax or hand carry to patient chart on the hospital floor. A positive thing about Athena was that is was very easy to navigate so when a patient was admitted to our facility there was no digging through the last 12 months of patient follow-up visits to locate what they were last seen for, what medications they were prescribed, etc. Ease of use was certainly not the issue.

Fairly easy to navigate, allows for a quick overview of patient demographics, medical history, medications, etc.

Contras:

For whatever reason coding allows for a lot of duplication or for information to be incomplete.

Elaine
Practice Manager

So easy to use

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: We have used Athena for almost 5 years and it has helped us to run our practice so much more smoothly. The system works so well from scheduling to check out for each patient. When scheduling and entering insurance, a practice can immediately see if the insurance is valid (we barely remember those annoying calls to verify insurance), the medical record allows the patient to move through the office smoothly allowing everyone involved to enter the relevant information. In the past, we had problems with insurers which seemed to continually refuse to pay certain claims no matter how many times we corrected them. With Athena's scrubbing of claims they drop and get paid extremely quickly. Some of those "difficult" insurers are now top five payers!! The automated reminder and balance calls have freed up staff to attend to the increased patient flow. We have been so happy with Athena from day one, can't say enough good things about this system!

Reminder calls, insurance validation, eligibility and phone daily report, ticklers that remind patient to schedule an appointment if not done at check out, ease of entering/dropping claims, ability to generate useful and custom reports, day end review allows you to see if any claims need corrections immediately

Contras:

Streamlined version seems to require more clicks and sometimes the co-pay is not applied to the date it is paid which can be confusing

Beth
MA en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Idea is cool, but a few glitches..

4,0 hace 8 años

Comentarios: Athenanet is okay, I was able to learn it quickly but I still get frustrated with some things; it's not my preferred EMR system but it's not the worst either; I like that there's Athena-people that help the business but sometimes I think they're lazy and don't follow-up with a lot; if you're going to help, HELP, don't just leave things undone and be like, "oops I tried but not my problem" basically...

I like that the flow of my day is pretty well maintained b/c of athenanet, it's pretty easy to follow since the last big update

Contras:

There's TOO much info sometimes and is very repetitive; if I could label things myself like we do on our regular computers and not be forced to put things in specific spots. I don't like if I have a case open, you personally have to make sure to check on it otherwise they say basically "if we don't hear from you in 5 days, we assume it's good and close the issue"- why isn't there an alert system when you've responded? AND don't put it in the news/messages b/c NOBODY checks that, it's a waste of space basically and adds additional task of checking for nonsense b/c we communicate already through the chart via the yellow alerts or in a case or in the instant messaging Too many steps/repetitive, once the dr reviews labs, she can put it in our box and then I will call the pt and then once I close it, let it be closed.. why would it go to the Notify box now? I've already notified the pt... Why when we print labs from the exam does it go to staff inbox, clearly we've printed it so now I just waste 5 seconds opening it up just to close out of it....