15 años ayudando a las empresas colombianas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre Point of Rental Software

Es el software de gestión de inventario y alquiler más aconsejado por más de 5000 empresas en todo el mundo, innovando constantemente para tu éxito.

Descubre más sobre Point of Rental Software

Contras:

I am basically a 3 month seasonal business and pay $1440.

Valoraciones de Point of Rental Software

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

Point of Rental Software tiene una valoración global de 4,4 estrellas sobre 5 según las 145 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado Point of Rental Software antes?

Filtrar opiniones (145)

Nazli
Nazli
Senior Account Executive en EE. UU.
Organización de eventos, 51-200 empleados

My Point of Rental Software story

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: I’ve been using Point of Rental Software since 2013 and I have absolutely using the software. The support staff is always there to help if you need them. I also really like the her help feature that allows you to read up on how to use the software.

Windows based Support team Ease of use Integrated website

Contras:

Still working out the French translation

hace 6 años

Thanks, Nazli! We're glad you're enjoying the software and our support staff. As you might have heard, we're making a push to get more French-friendly, having added a few French-speaking support team members and a French Canadian salesperson! We look forward to when we're able to be as magnifique in French as we are in English. =)

Paul
Managing Director en RU
Construcción, 2-10 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Overall a good product but better customer support / liaison could be given

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Once the install was completed, the product is user friendly and easy to use. Any issues directed to the helpdesk are usually solved in a timely manner

Took a while to get the installation process done, but now we have been using Syrinx for 2 years without any major issues. Driver app and scheduler are great.

Contras:

Stock checks, both sales stock and fleet on mobile device would be very useful.When we signed up we were promised an account manager who would be in contact with us throughout our time with POR, we do not know who our account manager is and they have not made contact in just over 2 years.

el año pasado

Hey Paul, we're glad Syrinx is working out great for you! I'll let our team know about your concern regarding having an account manager and we'll try to get that issue rectified as soon as possible. Can you email me so I make sure you're the right Paul G.? -Brian

Ellen
Office, Accounting & HR Manager en EE. UU.
Organización de eventos, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

I won't tell you anything I haven't already told them...

3,0 hace 9 meses

Comentarios: Great time savings found through implementing Webpay & ESign. I would 100% recommend both.

Most of it works most of the time. There are many features which we'd like to use in a slightly different way but are frequently told that it can't do that. We've found a lot of value in paying to customize reports to meet our specific needs.

Contras:

Getting anyone from support on the phone that can actually solve a problem is frustratingly tedious; they're all very nice, just not all helpful in a real way. Once you connect with someone who can solve an issue, they rock. We aren't impressed every time a human hears a suggestion/feedback and tells us to go add it to the peer voting system, generally that's why I'm communicating my needs/desires, not to go do it again or elsewhere. The sales team dropped so many balls on our account in the last year that I had to demand a new sales rep, who, due to all factors, delivered the information I was requesting a full three months later, eight months after I originally requested it.

hace 9 meses

Hey Ellen, thanks for leaving a review and we're glad that you're enjoying the software in general! I totally understand the frustration of feeling like you're being sent somewhere else when you have a suggestion, but let me offer the "why" so hopefully it's a bit less frustrating: uInnovate helps us manage requests from tens of thousands of Point of Rental users, see which are most desired and impactful, and prioritize solutions to implement. With dozens of developers and dozens of support agents, you can imagine the potential for miscommunication if we handled these requests internally. As a bonus for you, when you use uInnovate, you can see what others have suggested and (hopefully) that your request is already being worked on. =) We're also adding training for our first responders so they can address more issues immediately, preventing the need to wait for an expert; expertise takes time to develop, however. We look forward to continuing to work with you and hope to constantly improve your experience! -Brian

Todd
President en EE. UU.
Maquinaria, 201-500 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great software with lots of innvovation but lacks some customization and support

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: POR is the main component in our business and without it we cannot conduct our operations. We have been with the system for over 20 years, seen lots of innovative features, and every version keeps getting better and better. Need more support on their staff and implementations are not smooth but its a great product.

Integrations, ease of use, many features, constantly evolving

Contras:

Support is not good. Long hold times, inconsistent training on support, after hours support almost non-existent for a 24 hour business. Many times front line support is unaware of features and fixes and it is tough to speak to an experienced support person. Takes too long to get through, get calls back, and get support in the event of a catastrophic failure.

el año pasado

Todd, we're glad you're still enjoying the software after all these years! Regarding your support issues, I'd like to hear more, if you have the time. Can you email me back with some contact info (all I get from Capterra is a first name/last initial combo) and I'll have our SVP of Customer Experience reach out to you? -Brian

Angela
Sales Consultant and Marketing Director en EE. UU.
Organización de eventos, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

POR is much easier to use than Party Track!

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: We have had some glitches lately that have impacted our business - mostly from credit card issues. Most of the issues prior to that have been easy to fix and your representatives are always pleasant.

I love that it is an easy system to use. I have used Party Track before and I love POR way more!

Contras:

I wish the sorting was easier to use so that items that go together always show up on the contract without having to physically sort each contract. I also wish some of the reports were easier to figure out. I hate the updates all the time since we have had to physically do them. However, we are moving to the cloud in July, so I'm excited for that to happen!

el año pasado

Hey Angela, we're glad you're enjoying Point of Rental! We're sorry about the recent CC issues; while it wasn't us creating 'em, we hope our team was able to resolve those quickly enough and that you're all set for the future. =) -Brian

Richard
Accounts Receivable Lead en EE. UU.

Rich Hardesty

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: After the learning curve it has been very positive with increased inventory and asset control as well as a much greater ability for a wider range of reports.

The software offers a much greater control over our equipment assets and out construction supply inventory.

Contras:

So far I haven't experienced too much that I would change.

el año pasado

Hey Rich! Thanks for the review! We're glad you're enjoying the software and we'll do our best to ensure you continue to love it as your company grows. -Brian

Stephen
General Manager en Australia
Materiales de construcción, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Customer support is TOP TIER!

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: They have been excellent at providing the best customer service I have experienced in the rental software industry. It's easy to reach someone on their team when I need help, and they are fast to respond, unlike my previous rental software provider.

I found Syrinx to be easier to use and set up than many other products I have used in the past.

Contras:

The look seems older, but I tell you what, it's far from old. It's very powerful and seems more rental customised than other rental systems I have used.

hace 2 años

Thanks, Stephen! We're glad you're enjoying your Point of Rental experience and we appreciate working with you as well. =)

Maquinaria, 11-50 empleados

Equipment Rental Store Owner

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Point of Rental is the central hub for our business, and is where we do nearly 100% of our day-to-day tasks. There is no better dedicated product on the market for a rental business, but be aware that not all of the additional features are worth the price of admission.

Point of Rental is basically handling every facet of a rental business, from time clock to inventory to depreciation to reservations and missed rental tracking.

Contras:

The software has clearly been added to and modified over time, and the UI is uneven and inconsistent in many places. Many of the modules have only very basic functionality or are overly complicated to use.

hace 5 años

We're glad you're continuing to enjoy the software - we feel that one of the advantages to having so many additional features is that it allows you to only add the features that will be worth it for your business (with thousands of businesses using the software, there are going to be a lot of differing requirements). That said, if you have recommendations for improvements in any modules, you can either submit them via uInnovate (link found in your software) or contact us directly at [email protected] and we'll see what we can do! Thanks for being a part of the Point of Rental family and for providing solid feedback!

Walter
Manager en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 11-50 empleados

Point-of-Rental_Review

4,0 hace 5 años

Point of Rental will answer the phone anytime of the day or night with their own employees to help with any problems that you might have. Not only are there a million reports we can run but the system is also very easy to use and train people to use.

Contras:

if we want to add functions to the system to taylor them to our needs it is hard to get that done.

hace 5 años

Hi Walter! Thanks for the kind words! We're glad you're enjoying the system and of course we'd love to make all the changes customers request - but when you have more than 5,000 customers, you get a lot of requests for tailored features. =) Are you using uInnovate to suggest ideas so your fellow rental experts can vote on them? That's the easiest way for us to see which customizations should be a priority so we can keep making the best, most beneficial possible software for everyone. Thanks again for being a part of the Point of Rental family and we look forward to working with you to help you and Taylor Rental be as successful as possible. =)

Andre
Directeur Régional en Canadá
, 501-1.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Extremely happy with PoR. Excellent support from both the IT department and the support staff

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Inventory sharing is great. We still have issues with the accounting aspect but mainly caused because we are new at using the software. Quick and easy to get information on a specific store. Also nice to have access to the databases. Reports are great as well.

The software is extremely easy to use. Training is less than 3 days. We like the inventory sharing as well.

Contras:

Dispatch center needs to be upgraded. The maps are outdated and it is extremely difficult to route routes when you have to pick up equipment at different sites. The logistic tickets does not work for us. In many places in the software the system does not keep the filters or sort whenever coming in and out. The administration of users is really hard for us as we have over 500 employees. Not easy to find the user as you need to scroll down until you find the proper user.

hace 7 años

Thank you for that feedback, Andre! We appreciate your input, as it helps us guide the future of our software - we look forward to working with you to overcome the obstacles you're facing now and make the benefits even better!

Alina
owner en EE. UU.

It did not work for us

1,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: It was really not great. we work with many companies. There is a bit of give and take in each business relationship. With Point of Rental there were many promises and no quality follow-up. The process took many times longer, in the end, the software was not workable for us, the money was taken and not refunded. Their contract in fine lines guarantees that so please read carefully all fine print.

Point of Rental Software was presented to us as a Caddilac of rental software. It has many features and it seemed as it was capable of meeting and exceeding our needs.

Contras:

The promises made during the steps leading to signing the contract and then implementing the software for us were not. The communications with us were sparse and low quality, not prepared. The structure of the whole process was to get to scheduling the training at which point it was obvious that the software does NOT work for us but several thousands of dollars were paid but not refunded.

hace 3 años

Hey Alina, I'm sorry to hear you felt that way! I was just notified of this review today, and anything I say will be utterly inadequate as a response by this point. I've been told you've already had conversations with members of our sales team, but I'm reaching out to you via email to try to figure out where everything seemed to go wrong from your perspective - we're updating our implementation processes and I want to ensure that we don't run into the same situation with anyone else. -Brian

Jyles
Customer Service Associate en EE. UU.
Servicios para el consumidor, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Simple to use, but requires learning, buggy and prone to crashing

3,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Without the system, management of transactions and reservations would be difficult. Despite some notable quality dips, it is baseline functional.

Fairly easy to use. Solid organization.

Contras:

Will frequently crash. Looking up maintenance can also bug out and show an empty log that will not go away until entire window is closed. UI and UX requires a lot of back and forth between pages to accomplish fairly simple tasks such as finding invoices/barcodes. Invoices are not in an obvious spot in between the log and notes. Learning curve is made higher due to back-and-forth menuing that is not obvious at first for newer users and employees. Prone to crashes during contract sign-up when taking too long. Photos don't show up at first in several menus (prepare item for send-out) and don't show until after item is sent out for received.

el año pasado

Jyles, thanks for the feedback! Y'all are definitely an outlier as far as our typical users and I'm hoping you've let our support and/or development team know about the issues you're facing - we're very much committed to making the software work well for you - both throughout the entire company and for those at the rental counter. -Brian

Melissa
Office Manager en EE. UU.
Maquinaria, 2-10 empleados

It Does What It Is Supposed To But Has Glitches

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Overall the system is great but would love to have the connection issues stop.

We previously used a server based POR Software and they began phasing out support for the product and talked us into moving to the Cloud Based Product. The new dashboard features are nice and we were already familiar with the basic functions of the program.

Contras:

The issues I have come across in the cloud based program are losing connection on occasion throughout the day. Exporting reports from the system into an excel or crystal file can be tricky. Customer Support set up a folder for me to seamlessly export reports to and I keep having to call back because the pathway to that folder will be lost.

el año pasado

Hey Melissa, we're glad the software is (for the most part) working out great! I can totally understand the frustration of having connection issues with a cloud-based software, though. Can you email me with some more information about your situation (all I get from Capterra is a first name and last initial) and maybe we can figure something out to get things better connected? -Brian

Eric
Owner en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, Trabajador autónomo
Fuente de la reseña

Nice interface, poor customer support

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I really want to like this application/software as is is easy to use and well though through, but there are many glaring issues that are driving me to look elsewhere.

The interface is nice, clean, and easy to navigate. Once familiar the the software, set up was pretty easy and strait forward. Provided many features which our business needed including rental bundles.

Contras:

No easy way to quickly look at availability for the coming week. I found this frustrating when I had a customer on the phone and we wanted to get a snapshot of availability. Customer support is awful if you are not one of their Expert or Elite customers. I only have the Essentials package and the one person I actually got a hold of said she could not help me and to send an email. I had already set two before this call to no avail. The funny thing is I want to add features and possibly switch to a different/higher package. I am also not impressed with their website integration. I have my own wordpress site and all they offer is an iframe. This is not an integration, it is placing another website on a page in your website. They really need to work on providing better integration.

hace 5 años

Hi Eric! Thanks for the (mostly) positive review. Item availability is most easily accessed via the item screen - you can see availability not just for the week, but for the entire month of each item you rent. Hopefully that helps! Essentials' customer service is comparable to that of other cloud-based rental softwares; part of what makes the software so affordable is that customer service is entirely web-based. That said, you should be receiving responses to emails within a day (depending on when you send the email; usually it'll take less time). If you'd like to switch packages, add features, or just check out a demo, our sales team is back from our annual conference and would be happy to work with you to figure out how to get us back on track. -Brian

mike
Rental Operations Manager en EE. UU.
Construcción, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

The in's and out's of POR

Comentarios: explained above.

all of the available functions, it could be a all in one system

Contras:

There is no "return needs checked out" function for when rental equipment comes back. If you complete the contract, the equipment comes right back to available. What about a time delay after completing the contract (so you can get the customer finished up/handled), but then to get the equipment back to "available", it needs to be sent to a "returned needs checked" waiting screen. Then the mechanics or shop lead would close that out after it's been checked out, verifying it is actually ready to rent..

el año pasado

Hey Mike! There's definitely a way to accomplish what you're trying to accomplish in our software. Can you email me (Capterra only gives me a first name and last initial) and I'll connect you with someone who can help you get it set up? -Brian

Karen
Manager en Nueva Zelanda
Construcción, 2-10 empleados

Administration

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Overall has been great. Great support and ease of use

Entering hire contracts and off hiring, and the driver schedules

Contras:

When entering a new customer in the CRM I find that there is a lot of repetition. You add address and phone number of company and then contact person details which are the numbers and email you have already entered.

el año pasado

Thanks for the review, Karen! We're glad you're enjoying the software. That Con does seem like a real inconvenience; We've put in a uInnovate suggestion to request a checkbox for "copy business info" in that screen with the ability to change fields after doing that (often that flexibility is needed for a different phone number or email). Hopefully, it'll be on the product roadmap soon. Thanks for your feedback and we look forward to continuing to work with you! -Brian

Sue
Accounts Manager en Canadá
Comercio minorista, 11-50 empleados

POR good value

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: the software is great overall, the tech help has always been quick at getting back to us. POR has helped us greatly in looking after our inventory in retail and rental.

for our rental inventory, it has saved us time and money. the billing cycle is fast and easy.

Contras:

nothing that comes to mind, everything has been good.

el año pasado

Thanks for the review, Sue! We're glad you're having a great experience with us and we look forward to continuing to work with you in the future! -Brian

Bonnie
Store Manager en EE. UU.
Comercio minorista, 2-10 empleados

Rental Review

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: About the same as other rental programs

The ease of finding a rental item and renting it.

Contras:

Sometime confusing on which screen to find something

el año pasado

Hey Bonnie! We're glad our software makes it easier for you to rent things. =D If you need help figuring out what screen you need to be in for particular actions, uLearn is a great resource and has hundreds of video tutorials and thousands of help articles to guide you through things. And if you have suggestions for what might make it better, let us know about them in uInnovate! We'd love to make the software even easier to use. =) -Brian

Julie
Office Manager/Event Coordinator en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

I've been using POR for about 2-3 years. I learn more functions weekly. Very happy with the product!

5,0 hace 7 años

Functionality is amazing. Learning weekly! We are definitely not using POR in all manners, so much to learn! Love the customer service and always willing to help us.

Contras:

I wish delivery costs were able to be calculated by entering zip codes and not regions. I'd like to be able and type in where the delivery begins and where it ends to calculate the cost, especially since we have 2-3 store locations.

hace 7 años

Hi Julie! We're glad you're enjoying the software! I have good news for you as well: You are able to calculate delivery costs by entering zip codes and, in the 2017 version (which you have), you're even able to charge by the mile. If you have any questions how to do that, you can call our support staff and they'll help you out. We're glad to have you as part of the Point of Rental family!

PURCHASING ADMIN en EE. UU.

Purchasing/Admin

3,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: fairley good customer service has gone way down hill since the pandemic

ease of use intergrated with old software

Contras:

no way to back out of a contract page must delete or complete contract

el año pasado

Hey John! We're glad you're finding the software easy to operate. You ought to be able to back out of contract pages fairly easily in all of our products - can you email me and let me know more about what you mean, specifically (and which software product you're using)? -Brian

Charlene
Controlller en EE. UU.
Servicios para el consumidor, 11-50 empleados

Event & Party Rental

4,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: Overall our experience with POR has been a very pleasant and helpful one.

POR is very user friendly, and the IT department if very helpful.

Contras:

POR and Web Pictures could be more easily shared.

el año pasado

Charlene, we're glad you're enjoying Point of Rental and we'll let the IT team know you've appreciated their help (and I'll share the picture feedback to product). Thanks for the review! -Brian

Dustin
General Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Point of Rental has increased our workflow 10X.

5,0 hace 7 años

Our rental division Venue Services uses Point Of Rental Cloud version on a daily basis. The software keeps track of inventory, deliveries and pickups, and flow logistics. We like the inventory feature the best as it will notify us if we don't have any rentals items avail or enough of an item that specific day.

Contras:

Point of Rental Cloud version is still growing. We wish it had a better yearly and monthly calendar view to see more events instead of just weekly view.

hace 7 años

Thanks, Dustin! We're glad you're enjoying Rental Essentials. With our next update, you should be able to see your reservations using Google Calendar (hopefully that helps!), and we're developing long-term calendars within the software in a way that would work for all of our customers. We're glad to have you with us and we look forward to helping Venue Services further as we continue to add features!

Amy
Director en RU
Construcción, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

We wouldn't be able to run our business without it!

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: As an expanding business, Point of Rental have been able to support us on our journey and implement processes which has streamlined our business, and made managing multiple depots easier.

Everything, we love the fact that the software is constantly developing and that there is a collaborative approach with our company, nothing is too much trouble and all suggestions are taken on-board developed into the product quickly and efficiently!

Contras:

Nothing! All updates and feedback is taken on board so we can't fault!

hace 5 años

Thanks, Amy, for the kind words. We're glad to have you and the team at Site Equip in the Point of Rental family - we love watching our customers' businesses expand!

Tina
Accounting Manager en EE. UU.

Takes 3 times as long to do a transaction as necessary

1,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: None

I like the credit hold feature under customer account, that's it! I'm only writing this part because I'm being told that my pro review is too short.

Contras:

Too many steps to do anything, constantly need to re-enter credentials every time you switch menus. Need to go to 3-4 different menus to complete just 1 task.

hace 6 años

Hi Tina! We¿re sorry to hear that you¿re frustrated! Rental Expert, by default, is configured to require logins for each alteration in the system, which allows for more accurate tracking and logging of changes made. Computers (especially those at the counter) are often shared in rental stores, in our experience ¿ we want our customers to have accuracy in reporting without requiring users to log completely out of (and then back into) the system. For employees that have their own dedicated computers, there is an option that dramatically reduces the number of times you need to log in, however. We'll be reaching out to you today to show you how to do this. We look forward to working with you to resolve this issue.

Amber
Event Specialist en EE. UU.
Organización de eventos, 2-10 empleados

Alway Helpful and Fast

5,0 hace 2 años

I like that there is so much to it, I am still learning what all it can do for the business

Contras:

If we had a little more ability to correct things without customer support it would be easier than calling and waiting on the line, while customer support is always great it would be nice to just be able to fix it on our own within the software.

hace 2 años

Thanks for the review, Amber! Hopefully some of the uLearn documentation and training videos that we added in mid-October will help y'all handle more of those data changes on your own. =)