15 años ayudando a las empresas colombianas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre JobBOSS²

JobBOSS proporciona las herramientas de software empresarial necesarias que necesitas para mantener tu tienda eficiente, productiva y rentable.

Descubre más sobre JobBOSS²

JobBOSS makes very complicated tasks much simpler with their user friendly platform and customer service.

Contras:

My one compliant is the inability to delete old/obsolete data.

Valoraciones de JobBOSS²

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
4,0
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

JobBOSS² tiene una valoración global de 4,2 estrellas sobre 5 según las 876 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado JobBOSS² antes?

Filtrar opiniones (876)

Luis armando
Director operaciones en México
Comercio y desarrollo internacional, 2-10 empleados

Software producción y distribución

3,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Promedio positiva

Planificar procesos de producción en escala masiva

Contras:

El.costo y procesos.de implementación algp.dificiles

Vice President en EE. UU.

E2 Shoptech revolutionized our shop

5,0 hace 6 años

1. No IT guy cost to maintain server. 2. Can use inexpensive workstations. We use Chromebooks for data collection. I also use a chromebook for trips. 3. Android/Apple app for tablets that can be used for data collection 4. Also just released an app for employees to check in and out from their phone. You can post stock from this app. 5. Work from anywhere. I was in Minnesota 2 weeks ago during a blizzard. I was at starbucks, posted up next to the window, working on my chromebook with no hick ups. 6. New updated features over the old system. Better reports. More capable Hot Spots. 7. Works the same as the old system, just things are in different spots. 8. Better, more efficient user interface 9. Easier to customize reports 10. Just introduced Dashboards

Contras:

1. The subscription price. 2. Cert control in general can be better. 3. Employee Clock in Module is a pain. You cannot edit someone time until they are clocked out.

President en EE. UU.

Complete company software

5,0 hace 2 meses Nuevo

Comentarios: The customer support was great while implementing the software and after implementation of the software.
The software exceeded our expectations.

The ease of quoting parts for customers was decreased substantially. Real time reporting of the work flow in production. The ability to connect with the system offsite to give customers answers about their orders while meeting with them.

Contras:

There was a lot of data entry that had to be done to get the system working correctly for our company.

Don
CFO en EE. UU.
Semiconductores, 11-50 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

ECI Jobbos Software is Non Intuitive and non flexible, and the Trap you into a year contract

1,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: The software is probably the most poorly developed and an un-useful software that I have ever experienced. The product was complete and absolute garbage. I should have fire the employee who spec'd it in.
The implementation in trying to get the software to do what we wanted was a nightmare, so after 9 months of trying to "tweak" the system to do what we wanted, and another 2 months of just trying to live with what we bought, I decided to cut our losses. And then less than 10 days prior subscribing to the software for a year, I received an email telling me that my license key would be expiring, from which I was able to deduce and then confrim after contacting customer service, that we were on an annual contract.
And then without any call back number or anything I received an email telling me that I was required to cancel the contract 30 days prior to the "renewal", and therefore I could not cancel the annual renewal. (note I was paying monthly and frankly had no idea that this was an annual contract) Nonetheless I did contact them prior to the renewal once I figured out what they were pulling. For clarification, the email I received 10 days prior to the "renewal" did not reference "Renewal" or annual contract and it was sent to me 10 days prior so according the 30 day notice requirement, it was already to late as it were.

Absolutely Nothing. There was nothing that we liked about the software

Contras:

The Description field for parts is limited to 30 characters. The database does not include a vendor/manufacturing part number field as a standard filed and you have to do workaround to get it to show on your purchase order. The software is completely non-intuitive, is extremely cumbersome and non-flexible and then they nickel and dime for every single change. The implementation phase was a total joke where after 9 months it still was not doing what we need it to do.. And then they to not make it clear that it is an annual subscription and that you need to provide a 30 day notice prior to renewal which they do not even inform you that it is a renewal. They simply tell you a few days ahead of time that you need to upload a license key.

Joel
Laser Programer en EE. UU.
Bienes de consumo, 51-200 empleados

Jobboss2 for Metal Manufacturing

4,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: We've been using some form of this program the 11yrs I've been with this company. In that time, I haven't had any major headaches with this program. The UI seems good. There is room for minor quality of life improvements, but overall I'm satisfied with it. I believe these minor issues can be cleared up with future updates.

This program allows us to manage our parts, all the way from quoting, to shipping and billing. Once you learn the system, there is a lot of information available that allows you to track, schedule, and make sure your products follow all of your customers requirements. If you fully utilize what's available, you have a lot of information available to you, to make your business efficient and make sure you're making a profit on your parts.

Contras:

There is some chunkiness to the program. There are things that take more steps than necessary to find the information you need. There are some things that you can double click, and it redirects you to a different area of the program, which is good. Other things, you not only can't double click on, but it doesn't allow you to copy, necessitating manually writing it down and navigating to the other part of the program. There are a few other features I'd like to see. Things that should be available, but haven't been implemented. I feel all of these issues can be solved with future quality of life updates.

Brooke
Office Manager en EE. UU.

Effective Software for your Machine Shop

5,0 el mes pasado Nuevo

Comentarios: We appreciate its features for quoting, order processing, scheduling, inventory management, job tracking, and invoicing, among others. It streamlines our workflow and improves overall efficiency by centralizing key functions and providing real-time visibility into critical data.

We like the comprehensive functionality, customization options, integration capabilities, real-time insights, user-friendly interface, and dedicated support services, all of which contribute to improved efficiency, productivity, and profitability in our manufacturing operations.

Contras:

There was a bit of a learning curve, especially for those who are not familiar with similar software or who don't have a strong background in manufacturing processes.

Mechanical Engineer en EE. UU.
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 2-10 empleados

Cumbersome, Clunky, One-Size-Does Not Fit All ERP Software

2,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: I've been working with Shoptech for just over a year and gave it my best effort. We have implemented many work arounds to try and work within the forced system. However, there are glaring issues around each corner and fixes are painfully slow to be implemented. Although the software is cloud-based there are many features of a cloud based software that are not being utilized. For example, records do not save until the user clicks save (standard cloud based software packages retain the information as the user updates it).

The concepts at a very high level are good. The modules and work flow make sense in general. The basic concepts are all good and at the core are what is needed out of an ERP system.

Contras:

Where to start... 1. The number of clicks to accomplish a simple task is unreal and extremely time consuming. 2. Lack of customization - each company is very different in operation yet all are forced into a solution that does not work for all. Simple issues such as the way tables are viewed are forced by Shoptech and not able to be customized. 3. Customer service - Many issues raised by the online community are classified as "oversights" and not as defects as a result nothing is done to correct them 4. Slow improvements - The community can request enhancements to the software, yet this are very slow to be implemented (if at all). 5. Outdated - many features are copied over from old outdated software and not likely to change anytime soon as they attempt to keep the new cloud based software inline with the older software packages

Ryan
Continuous Improvement Manager en EE. UU.
Maquinaria, 51-200 empleados

Job Shop for Manufacturing

4,0 hace 2 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall I think the software is a great entry level ERP that can allow a business to quickly understand their costs and find avenues for improvement.

JobBOSS2's simple web-based approach makes the software highly accessible and easy to use. The setup is relatively straightforward and allows users to quickly get in tune with their business.

Contras:

The web application can be finicky and will occasionally log you out without warning, and the inventory module is not very intuitive or conducive for precise inventory control.

Norry
CEO en EE. UU.
Envases y contenedores, 11-50 empleados

10 year user of the product

5,0 hace 4 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: We have had an excellent experience with E2 / JobBOSS from 2015 until now. It has given us a lot more consistency and visibility into the business.

It does a great job of capturing all of the work flow in a manufacturing business. We use it from estimating all the way through shipping.

Contras:

I do not believe you are able to upload a csv file as a user or admin. You have to have the company do it for you. It should be able to take a properly formatted csv like most software application will allow.

Deidre
Office Manager en EE. UU.
Comercio mayorista, 11-50 empleados

Very intuitive to use

5,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Overall JobBoss is a great software. I find it easy to navigate and the reports suit my needs at the moment. I would like to see more complex accounting functions in the future.

My number one pro for JobBoss2 is ease of use. It's pretty intuitive, and I appreciate the simplicity of the accounting module.

Contras:

The reporting for accounting is very minimal. I would like to see more standard accounting reports available. I would also like the ability to add more columns to my views (don't know if that's possible now. I haven't been able to find a way to do so).

Jerome
President en Canadá

Excellent Software

5,0 hace 3 semanas Nuevo

Comentarios: Overally, we like JobBoss and would recommend it.

This software is very intuitive and easy to use. It's critical to our quoting, job cost tracking, billing, and purchasing.

Contras:

We don't have any real complaints to speak of.

Robert
System Administrator en EE. UU.
Materiales de construcción, 51-200 empleados

The Perfect Manufacturing Software

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: We have been using E2 for well over 16 years and so far we love it. We have used other systems and this one just seed to get it right. In that time we have only had a handful of issues of which most were fixed in minutes and all we had to do was call Tech Support and explain what was not working. The customer and technical support staff are extremely knowledgeable in what their software can do and how they can customize it to fit your every need. They have even extra fields set aside for all most every function to carry different data types just in case you have found a data point that they haven't thought of.

E2 creates a clutter free work space with a simple layout and design. Shop Tech has broken down the manufacturing process to get a true understanding of how our company really operates. The bolt on modules allow for greater control of specific functions in particular departments. We specifically use the Scheduling and Custom Order Import Automation functions. Scheduling give us a top level view, department view, work center view, and all the way down to a view of sub parts that make up a single part. This tells us exactly where an order is as well as if we are under or over loaded at the work center and department level. All I have to do is pull up the schedule, click a button for the level of detail I want to display and away it goes. The Custom Order Import Function has allowed us to automate the order entry process by simply downloading a file from our customer, pointing where I saved the file, and clicking "Import". This function creates the order and based off our custom company settings which we have setup to automatically pull from stock jobs, inventory, post a quantity to make or a combination of all of the above. We can then run a requirement report to see what we need to make to fulfill open orders or to make stock for inventory. It really doesn't get easier than that.

Contras:

The extra modules do have a cost but they are well worth it. On the plus side of that, E2 will demo the modules with full functionality and if it doesn't incorporate everything that you need you don't have to purchase it.

Laurence
Owner en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Everything you ever NEEDED to know

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: E2 manages ALL your data from your shop floor through your bookkeeping. The reports have always been the best selling point. Even sorting data becomes easy with the various export methods. You can quickly transfer the report dat to say excell and then again manipulate and massage as need for even more insight. I have always (and will continue to) recommend this sofware to other owners.

This software has the ability to organize your business workings into manageable reports. Reports that you can tailor to you specific needs. The more you follow the simple rules of E2, the more benefits it can deliver. In my own business no two jobs are alike and no procedures for the jobs are identical yet E2 understands this principle and manages to sort data in such a clear manner as to help you with decisions going forward on all future work. I cannot give a higher recommendation on any other similar system.

Contras:

1.) I wish I could control the "Markup Pct." column in the General Tab when entering parts. I feel this item should have strict control - administrator only! Any of my people entering a part has the ability to change this percentage at will. Many an argument has resulted from my becoming aware of someone making an adjustment to this column, I wish I could lock it! 2.) When processing a return, it writes back to the original Order and amends it. Now the "Order Total" changes. It should not change. The order total should still match the customer P.O. total. The simple code should be that the (Qty Ordered) X (Unit Price) goes to make up the (Order Total) UNLESS there is something in the 'Master Job Number' column. In this manner the customers P.O. amount would still match up to the Order Total

Joe
IT Director en EE. UU.
Fabricación de productos eléctricos/electrónicos
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Does not grow at the rate of your business

2,0 hace 9 años

The designers clearly have knowledge of a shop environment and are pretty comprehensive in touching all the aspects of a job shop. The sales team is very accessible. The product is very easy to get up and operational with which may be attractive to shops starting out or implementing this type of system for the first time. The software does have controls over what users can do what which is useful for keeping employees in check. The reports that it generates are concise and professional looking out of the box.

Contras:

The interface is woefully outdated and lacks cohesiveness throughout, data entry practices in one area do not apply to others and certainly do not conform to defacto software standards. Its a bit embarrassing having state of the art CAD/CAM systems with wonderful imagery next to something that looks straight out of 1996. Looks are one thing but we have had a lot of time lost due to slow workflow and data entry errors. It will open many windows and dialog boxes which demand screen focus. Not only is it cumbersome to work in other windows applications with E2 running, you can not even run more than one task at a time inside of it. The software does not scale well to high resolutions or multiple screens. The software rarely fails gracefully, you'll get cryptic error messages in never ending loops. The software relies on a number of 3rd party frameworks including outdated Java runtimes (insecure) All of your data is stored MSJet databases, for those not tech savvy, its late 1980's technology that is isn't supported by Microsoft any more and was never really designed to be scaled to the point you can potentially reach. They do offer an upgrade to MS SQL which comes at a significant cost (which doesn't include SQL server itself or migration services) and it has the added bonus of breaking any custom reports (which are also expensive commissioned work). Although some user controls are present, there isn't granular control over everything in the system. Its very possible users without clearance to certain information can gain access to things they shouldn't. (ie: ITAR) Nearly every other vendor is offering some type of cloud integration, and although E2 does offer a component called webview (no surprise, its an additional fee), its really a customer portal and doesn't offer much in terms of what a company employee would need. The software will not play nicely across multiple networks, we had several locations connected via VPN which Shoptech does not support. Their solution was to use MS terminal services which is cumbersome and requires additional licensing. In today's global economy, accessibility should be paramount, not a vendor locked afterthought. The software does have provisions for shop floor data collection and although it does work, its cumbersome and our busy and non-technical shop floor staff abhor it and we eventually abandoned it. Support was initially good but as our business grew and our implementation of the software became more complex support has been slow to respond (if at all) and many of the ongoing problems we are facing haven't been satisfactorily resolved.

George
Vice President of Operations en EE. UU.
Defensa y espacio, 51-200 empleados

Finally moving away from E2

4,0 hace 5 años

The user interface is easy to understand and navigate. The routing and BOM functions work well. Outgoing paperwork (packing slips, vendor returns, RMAs...etc) are generated easily. The quality module works well for us. Ultimately its a great software for smaller job shops; ie, less than 25 employees.

Contras:

The scheduling system doesn't work. The system consistently puts out a schedule that doesn't make sense. We are a quick turn, CNC machining job shop, and need a software that enables us to understand our capacity. Often times, jobs that are due tomorrow are on the second page of the report, and jobs that aren't due for 6 weeks are at the top of the list. We worked with tech support and cannot get a resolution. We implemented E2 in 2003 and only started trying to use the scheduling module in the last year. It was a great software initially, but now that we have grown we need software that does what we need it to do. Beyond that, items frequently go corrupt. Unprocessing and reprocessing anything (work orders, purchase order, NCs, CAPAs...etc) risk corrupting the file. If you double click on certain things the system crashes. If two people are in an item at the same time, quantities and/or lines duplicate. Once supplies are received or product is shipped, the system will not allow certain changes to be made. The personnel efficiency reports generate numbers that don't make sense. We've visited this repeatedly and cannot sort out a solution. Just last week I reviewed the efficiency reports for our production crew, and a job they were given 4 hours to setup showed "ESTIMATED SETUP" time of 2.27 hours. Our settings are correct but for some reason the system comes up with understated estimates, despite what we tell it to do.

Scott
Production Scheduler/Data Analyst/Custom Report Writer
Minería y metalurgia, 11-50 empleados

Solid Product with good flexability

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Our company has now used JobBOSS for around 4 years. We have found that the user interface is quite intuitive and straightforward to use. This is a plus when training new people on the system. Functionally, it has met most of the needs that we purchased it for. We loved the idea behind the scheduling module, but have found it to not be a good fit with our shop. We are primarily a custom high mix, low volume shop. This leads to many jobs that have potential to run in more than one pathway on the floor and most jobs are first run where we do not have a history of expected production run times to fall back on. We also have split our shop floor into three self directed production cells that have a fair amount of cross work. The self direction means many production decisions are made at the cell level and not at a command level. Because of these factors, we found that matching our shop floor to the scheduling module was exceptionally difficult unless we were willing to dedicate a full time person to keeping it accurate. In the end, we believe that the scheduling module would work better in a higher volume production environment with more of a top down command structure than how we operate. The reports that come with JobBOSS are reasonable, however, we have found that digging deeper into the data (at least the directions we looked) required special reporting. It is handy to have someone on staff who is comfortable working with SQL tables, data mining and creating custom reports. Exact does offer custom report creating. Just remember, it come at additional cost.

As someone who does look behind the scenes and works to dig data out of the system, I am impressed with the amount of information that JobBOSS does capture. Additionally, it is quite well organized in its structure. On the front end, the user interface is intuitive and lends itself to easy training.

Contras:

Reporting. The stock reports are reasonable for a company that does not need to dig into its data very deeply. But the analysis at deeper levels would either require purchasing many custom reports or have someone on staff that can dig into the data and create custom reports. The scheduling module works best in an environment with minimal chance of perturbation. Systems that have a high degree of variation become hard to model accurately.

Deb
Accounting en EE. UU.
Plásticos, 11-50 empleados

Company grows with E2 Software

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: We have been able to utilize the estimating (bill of materials / labor) system to effectively quote customers. We are able to track sales data, as well as purchasing data to make better business decisions about products and materials. Everything is integrated in the system so we can trace expenses back to the invoice and purchase order, or the sale back to the quote, as well as clearly defined job costing.

This product is extremely easy to use, and very forgiving of mistakes. Everyone makes mistakes, and E2 makes it possible to catch and correct mistakes, while keeping an audit trail all along. We have had the system for 20 years and our company has been able to grow and use more functions of the software such as quality and scheduling. We had planned a 6 month dual period with our old software but deployment was so seamless that we only ran double for 1 month. Everything is integrated from the initial customer quote through order entry, the invoice, receipts, and the General Ledger. Tech support has been so helpful, and team members are knowledgeable of the job shop business as well as the product!

Contras:

The only issue I have struggled with is user access to data. To give a user rights to view certain data, they also are allowed access to edit it. We can work around that with creative report writing. I can think of no other big drawbacks to the system.

Nick
Operations en Canadá
Ingeniería industrial o mecánica, 11-50 empleados

E2 Shop System Review

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: See my answer under "Pros".

The software is very easy to learn and the interface is extremely easy to navigate. The modules provided exactly mirror the processes in our business so almost every part of the software is applicable to our day to day operations. Having our business data archived, accessible and organized has sped up and simplified many of the tasks that used to take much longer. Estimates are now completed much faster and processes such as material receiving, shipping or the production of purchase orders for our vendors have become standardized and much easier to do. The time savings and insights into our business / production processes have made us more competitive and our customers (especially our larger industrial customers) see value in the advantages we've gained from the software.

Contras:

The one part of the software that we find of little value is scheduling. This may not be the case for other users but as a job shop we've found that the scheduling module simply doesn't work with the realities of our production processes.

Heidi
CSR/Office Operations en EE. UU.

Good for Shop Management, Has Some Quirks

4,0 hace 5 años

-This system does work well for managing active jobs as well as keeping all the historical information on jobs run in the past. It's easy to look up jobs in the system, see how much you've charged in the past, see what machines you ran it on, see how many times you've run it, etc. -The visibility between the shop and the office is very helpful - we use the data collection function, and the office can look at any job and see where it's at in process and who has scanned into the job. -System links well - you can capture labor, material, machining and outside services all on the same job easily and efficiently. -Integrates well with quickbooks for invoicing. -Customer service is easy to contact and fairly knowledgeable (some reps are better than others, sometimes I've had to call multiple times for the same question but I do eventually get an answer) -System design is clean and straightforward.

Contras:

-The system has a lot of quirks that you can work around but just seem inefficient (ie you can't make a machine or work center inactive. This doesn't make sense for shops that upgrade machines and get rid of old or malfunctioning ones.) -The reports are helpful to a point - basically they are helpful if all of your information is entered exactly how JobBoss requires it to be entered. Sometimes you don't know you are entering something wrong until the report comes up looking very wrong, and it can be tricky to figure out where your settings need to be adjusted for the report to come out correctly. Once you know how to run everything, it's easy to repeat.

Paula
General Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Webversion is costly and cumbersome. Sorry we upgraded

2,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: I'm sorry we ever upgraded to the webversion

When we originally purchased the access version of the software that ran on our server. We were pretty happy customers. It preformed up to our expectations and we used the entire suite of modules. We used that version from 2011 through 2017 after which we upgraded to the webversion. The original version was easy to use and very comprehensive. The only pro for the webversion is that you can access it from any device that is connected to the internet.

Contras:

Wait time while tabbing between fields is often delayed which significantly increases the amount of time it takes to complete any task. Most tasks require approximately 20% more time to complete. There are problems with lost work due to connectivity. We are told most of this is a result of our internet connection speeds but when we test internally, the speeds exceed the requirements. There are also many issues related to browser cache files. Each new update fixes one set of problems but rolls out a new set of problems. The time it takes to estimate and quote jobs has increased 20-35% depending on the complexity of the job. We are not able to downgrade to the version we had before without losing data and we are not able to put the new version back on our server without making a major upgrade ($20k est) to our server hardware and software.

Lee
4,5 hace 13 años

Comentarios: Delta Gear (formerly TIFCO Gage & Gear) is a privately held entity providing advanced machining services to the aerospace industry. E2 was implemented at Delta Gear in 2004 after the company was acquired and moved to our current location in Livonia, MI. In keeping with the company mission to strategically invest in the latest machining technologies, Delta Gear also upgraded the business system to an enterprise-wide solution that could centralize critical processes, provide real-time status, and still be relatively easy to use and maintain. E2 was selected and quickly implemented using the primary modules of estimating, sales, purchasing, shipping, and billing. This model served the company well for about five years. However, as the company grew and customer requirements increased, we recognized that our model needed adjustment and that there were E2 functions available that could help us meet these new demands. Accordingly, in mid-2009 we initiated an improvement project to move us to the next level of E2 and business system effectiveness. First, an internal E2 ‘champion’ was dedicated to the project with the charge to be a functional leader/liaison between the system, our staff and E2 support resources, which have always been very responsive and helpful. Next, a full evaluation of our Table master data was performed and we discovered that we could significantly increase our performance visibility by improving that data. With that foundation in place, we began to implement unused E2 functions. For example, Document Control became a key tool in our successful migration from ISO 9000 to AS9100. Also, our legacy paper-based Non-Conformance and Corrective Action program is now centralized on E2 and links to the associated items and jobs to which they apply. Employee training records were also migrated to E2 and we are now testing the Work Center and Tooling Maintenance functions. Even more important has been the improvement recognized by better use of the Advanced Scheduling and Purchasing systems. After tailoring our work-center master data, we can now identify potential bottlenecks and address them before they occur. Purchasing is now using the auto-ordering tools that pull from job requirements defined in bills of materials and orders. Finally, these efforts have allowed us to effectively use most of the QuickView module to provide real-time performance data as well as to export reports for monthly business metric presentations. These are then logged into Document Control as objective evidence for AS/ISO, or customer surveillance audits. By embracing the disciplines embedded in E2, we are steadily moving from a ‘reactive’ to a ‘pro-active’ planning approach for our entire enterprise. Our business has recently moved to a larger state-of-the-art facility and we are confident that E2 will be able to handle our growth effectively.

Lisa
4,5 hace 12 años

Comentarios: We are a small third-generation custom sheet metal fabrication shop that has garnered a reputation for high quality, honest work, and trying to help all of our customers meet their increasingly shorter delivery times. Before E2 Shop System, we were using an outdated custom-written software for the Mac and updating that software into the 21st century was proving difficult and expensive. One day I received a mailer from ShopTech that said ''Are you controlling your shop, or is it controlling you?'' I thought to myself 'Isn't that the truth!!' So I called the number and talked to Greg in sales and after much consideration, we made the leap to the windows-based E2. It took approximately one year to fully migrate over to E2 once all the new hardware was set-up. I believe it could have been faster if we had an actual IT person. That being said, I'm not trained in IT, nor had much experience with Windows, but E2 was fairly easy to set up. It does take some getting used to, mostly because people are used to other software and have to make the mental switch, but once you figure out how everything ties in together, it's easy. The tech support staff was fantastic in helping me set up a windows server and they connected me with another customer that had done the same thing, which was extraordinarily helpful. We still use our Macs, but we LOVE E2 Shop System! My father even prefers the quoting method of E2 to the old custom program! It has allowed us to improve turn-around times on jobs and eliminated the constant bother of trying to figure out where jobs were in process in the shop. It has also improved our billing process; simplifying many tasks. It takes about 5 minutes to run the month end pdf reports for the accountant, vs an entire day of sorting actual paper in the old system. Everything is tied together and searching the system for just about anything is super-easy. I have customers call me all the time to look up information for them that they can't even find in their own systems. Our shop floor employees love being able to see what job they are clocked in on and eventually they will be able to know what job they should work on next. I haven't had time yet to delve into the wealth of data to analyze and quantify the exact benefit of E2, but just from our books, we can tell a marked increase in revenue, and we now can tell the actual real-time cost of jobs, rather than waiting until the next day's import. We have yet to harness it's full potential, since we are so small and focused on production, but there's only one way to go from here....up!!! Thank you SO MUCH to Janelle, Corey, Melissa, Greg and the rest of the ShopTech team that has helped me over the years. You have no idea how fantastic it is to call tech support and get the same, friendly, English-speaking, and knowledgeable people every time.

E2 was easy to learn and the layout follows a logical manufacturing flow

5,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: E2 makes our manufacturing easy to track and analyze. It is a very simple but powerful software.

My favorite part about E2 is the simple layout and design of each module. Anyone with an understanding of the flow in manufacturing can learn this software quickly. Also, the software is somewhat flexible which makes it easy to tailor around your company's specific style of processing jobs and orders. There is also a lot of useful data you can pull from the system to analyze manufacturing costs. My favorite is the Job Cost Summary which allows you to see in detail every cost of a specific job.

Contras:

The one module I find difficult to use is the Scheduling module. For our company's style of manufacturing it has been hard to use and implement. We mostly build to stock, but we get a lot of build to order jobs that have to be rushed through manufacturing and really mess up the scheduling. I still have a lot to learn about the Scheduling module, but I wish there was a way to use sales history to continually update the job completion date. This would allow us to reschedule our work in progress to fill the shelves before we run out of stock. This module has a lot of promise but for now seems a bit cumbersome to use effectively.

Bobby
4,5 hace 12 años

Comentarios: A.C. Horn & Co. is a custom sheet metal manufacturer (job shop). We will make almost anything from a customer's drawing. We specialize in food processing and packaging equipment. We also have our own line of popcorn and peanut processing equipment. Our owner’s grandfather in Dallas, circa 1907 as a tin shop, founded the company. Our old manufacturing software was complicated and very inflexible, plus was no longer going to be supported by the small company that wrote and developed it. This was a good opportunity for me to recommend to the owners that is was time to change. I wanted software that was more user friendly, menu driven so it would be easy to learn, and more flexible. Also, payroll and time entry had to be clean and a single entry. Before E2 Shop System, we used a company called Caelus, based in the northwest. It handled payroll also and is very detailed in the accounting area. That was acceptable, but it made our company "accounting-driven", instead of "manufacturing-driven"... we make our money in manufacturing, not accounting... We use the 7.2.14 release. I just noticed that .15 has been released and I will install it very soon. We purchased the software in the fall of 2010, and implemented it on the first workday in 2011. Implementation was a ton of work, long hours, and much trouble-shooting and phone calls to the technical help number. I know changing any software is a monumental task, so in my opinion, the implementation went well. Everyone on the help desk was helpful, and I especially leaned on the accounting team because that is an area I am not familiar with. Most of my team learned the software fairly quickly, but some who are not as computer literate struggled. I had some issues with a few who tried to "force" the software to do things it was not designed, nor capable of doing. That took some time to sort out, but it helped us learn the limits of E2. I still call the support line (although not as frequently), and it seems the first person who answers the phone is sometimes less knowledgeable than I am. Usually, if I have a real problem or question, it will get kicked up to another level. The benefits we have realized are in the organization and planning of our proprietary equipment. It has much greater flexibility than our previous software. The system is much more open in the estimating area. Our AP and AR persons like the easier processing in this area. Accounting, however, is still a challenge. I think we are still fairly new users, having 15 months under our belt. We have not even touched the scheduling feature, and only two or three of us are using the quote feature (which is great), so we still have more steps to take to fully utilize the software.

Q.A. / General Manager en EE. UU.
Aerolíneas/aviación, 11-50 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Necessary tool for manufacturing shop

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: We need a system that could fulfill our shop needs.
E2 Shop System is user-friendly while providing multiple functions to our shop.
it really helps ensuring traceability especially when our shop requires AS9100 standard.
If and when E2 system have some glitches, customer service are always easy to reach and can resolve issues remotely.

The thing our shop like most about this software is the ease of use. Unlike other system (such as Oracle), new users can pick up the basic functions within a week, with ease. For example, a newly hired purchaser can create a PO easily within first couple days. All the PO requirements can be pulled up merely by searching with job number or part number. This shop system is ideal for shops like us that do not have 3 months training period just for understanding and/or using shop software. This also increase the work efficiency of employees.

Contras:

In the summary sections (order summary, purchasing summary, inventory summary), we wish there are more output options we can select. Example a chart that can conclude summary would be a very nice addition. This can visualize our shop trend and would be a great input to management meetings.