15 años ayudando a las empresas colombianas
a elegir el mejor software

Sobre TestRail

Optimice su proceso de pruebas de Software gestionando tests con TestRail. Paneles de control en tiempo real e informes de actividad.

Descubre más sobre TestRail

I use this software for integration with Jira for software testing documentation. I enjoy the fact that I can work directly on the Testrail UI and it will update our Jira issues.

Contras:

Configuration options so that some users have fewer permissions are missing.

Valoraciones de TestRail

Evaluación media

Facilidad de uso
Atención al cliente
Funcionalidades
Relación calidad-precio

Probabilidad de recomendación

TestRail tiene una valoración global de 4,3 estrellas sobre 5 según las 169 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado TestRail antes?

Filtrar opiniones (169)

yunuen
director de TI en México
Telecomunicaciones, 5.001-10.000 empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis

Alternativas consideradas:

Exelente herramienta para gestion de pruebas

5,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: en general creo que esta plataforma actua de manera correcta es un software que me ayuda a administrar los casos de prueba.

cuenta con una interfaz de usuario intuitiva,nos facilita de manera efectiva la gestion de ejecuciones de prueba y la coordinacion de todo el proceso .Tiene una funcion de generacion de graficos que brinda una descripcion general del progreso.A pesar de estar en el proceso de prueba TestRail nos a demostrado que es un software fiable para gestionar nuestro ciclo de prueba.

Contras:

no me agrada mucho la idea de que el seguimiento de errores requiere la integracion de otro software de base de datos externo.

Bruce
Bruce
CEO en Australia
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados

Regression testing

5,0 hace 3 años

Comentarios: TestRail was implemented to do the record taking for manual regression testing and planning.

Great product allowing us to keep history of our testing and specifically regression testing of our software development team

Contras:

Find some reporting can be difficult, but in general it is a great tool for managing our regression testing test cases, and ensuring that they have all been run.

hace 3 años

Hello Bruce, thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your experience using TestRail. We are always looking to improve the experience for all users. If you could share any more detailed feedback around what you'd like to see differently in the reporting capabilities (either here or by sending us a few screenshots at [email protected]) that would be very much appreciated!

Basha
Test Architech en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 5.001-10.000 empleados

Testcase Management

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: We enjoy using this tool because it takes little time to train new members and easy of using. SImple and faster.

Ease of use. Simple and intuitive flow for the workflows that can be customized based on your work.

Contras:

Traceability is based on how you configure. Little confusing if you try to explain to users not familiar with the tool.

hace 4 años

Thank you for your review! Our experts are working hard towards improving TestRail's user experience, especially for beginners.

Kathleen
Sr QA Eng en EE. UU.
Hostelería, 501-1.000 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Alternativas consideradas:

Used to be great, now it is horrible

1,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I've been told their team was decimated after it was bought out. They have only 20 people to handle 11,000 customers. A product that is supposed to be for QA, is not QA'd before releases. If you are considering this product my advice is to run in another direction. You will be disappointed if you invest in TestRail.

I loved it before it was sold. It was solid, easy to use, and made our work flow simple and efficient. That is no longer the case

Contras:

Since it was bought out, it is now horrific. Test data disappears or is inaccessible. Test runs disappear. EVERY single release is extremely buggy. And knowing that, they still continue to push the release in waves to other customers instead of fixing high priority issues first. Tickets are opened and we get the canned "we're working on it" but rarely are bugs fixed correctly the first time (if at all). We have had months of work disappear with a single release. We've had things break where we were unable to access our tests for days or even weeks at a time. I went from convincing my entire company to join in to use this product, to now only having 3 of us left who will touch it. It's just sad how far it has fallen.

Katarzyna
QA Technician en Polonia
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 501-1.000 empleados

Good for new eployees

5,0 hace 3 meses

Comentarios: In my company TestRail work a bit slow (because of the VPN probably), so I do not enjoy really using it, but as a tool it is simple and useful. If I had a choice, I would be still using it with no doubt.

Although some functions should be clearly left for more experienced workers, new employees should have no problems with filling the test cases. They need a few minutes to get used to the UI, but in general it easy to learn.

Contras:

Not being able to delete some of the elements I added (admin status was needed). Blocking this for elements added by other users would be justified, but if I make a mistake, I should be able to fix it myself.

Jason
Quality Engineering Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Everything we needed at half the cost

4,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: We are better able to track our software testing and coverage with this tool.

I love the way they setup billing, every month you it automatically detects how many active users you have and you pay for that instead of being roped into a set amount of licenses. This has been incredibly helpful as we've gone through hiring, layoffs, and bringing on offshore contracted workers. Great flexibility! Another thing I like a lot are the UI Scripts, where you can customize the instance adding in or removing features and functionality. They are very powerful and super useful for us.

Contras:

It bugs me that every time you close a test run the test case id numbers have a huge spike, a case we created today had the id number of over 11 million even though we have less than 50,000 cases total in our library. I also do not like the way you add and remove tests from a run. It is a bit awkward and hard to see exactly what tests you're adding and removing.

Neil
Neil
Sr QA Analyst en EE. UU.
Software informático, 501-1.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

If you are executing manual test cases on a large scale then Test Rail is for you

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Having using various test management suites TestRail does excel in that it was built to run manual test cases and display results in an easy glance for the whole team. Linking to defects is simple, generating a report when the test run is complete. I feel like reusing regression suites could be improved, it does what it is meant to however you have to repeat several steps each time you want to generate a regression suite.
Some areas for improvement would be a test case type for API tests, I am sure everyone needs this but struggles to find a way to record this data.

I think report generation is the strong suit of Test rail, the percentage pie chart of passed, failed blocked cases at a glance make daily reporting for scrum stand up meetings ideal. Integration with Jira is excellent, although some room for improvement.

Contras:

Trying to do something simple like import test case steps from a .csv is not so easy. You can import a suite but that is not ideal. Trying to duplicate cases can be tedious, let's say you have a lot of cases, trying to copy paste them in to various projects is a lot of hassle, it is surprising they have not addressed issues like this after so many years.

hace 3 años

Thank you, Neil, for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your experience using TestRail. We are always looking to improve the experience for all users. If you could share any more detailed feedback around what you'd like to see differently in the interface for importing and copying test cases (either here or by sending us a few screenshots at [email protected]) that would be very much appreciated!

Yana
Yana
QA en Canadá
Software informático, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Best test management tool for QA

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: It saves my time and its very useful for QA use this tool, actually you can create everything in this tool and not use other tools.

I'm using this tool everyday at my work, create test cases, tracking their status, and also create different reports to see the status. This tool works fast, has good user friendly design, by tracking results you can get an email notification.

Contras:

Didn't find any drawbacks its really fast and convenient in using, also help to keep all info in one place.

hace 4 años

Hi Yana, thanks so much for leaving us a review! Super glad to hear how useful TestRail has been for supporting and streamlining your QA work. Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if there's ever anything we can do to help! - Matt C from TestRail

Sandeep
Qa Engineer en India
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Great solution to improve testing efficiency

5,0 hace 8 meses

Effective test case managment:- TestRail provides a highly customizable test case management system. You can create test suites, parts, and cases to suit the unique needs of your project. Easy to use:-Test cases using TestRail are efficient and simple. The ability to add test results, comments, and attachments directly from the interface simplifies the testing process.

Contras:

There should be option for comments or chat to communicate within TestRail for communication amongst team.

Ashi
Ashi
Product Manager @ eMusic en EE. UU.
Internet, 11-50 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Perfect QA platform for teams spread across the globe

5,0 hace 5 años

- Web based - doesn't require a localized server installation (unless you want to) and can be accessed by anyone with credentials, no matter where they are located without any effort - Very easy to use and gives you a very neat category division when it comes to test cases, test runs and milestones

Contras:

Can't search and replace words in multiple test cases at the same time which makes it harder to re-use existing test cases with only small changes

QA Engineer en España
Telecomunicaciones, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Easy to use and mantain. Very useful to do regressions.

5,0 hace 4 años

Comentarios: I use it every day. It's very easy to define the tests and execute them manually and with automations.

It's very easy to use, with different kind of configurarions and customizations.

Contras:

The tests scenarios are not versioned. There's not possibility to see previous changes or have different versions of them.

hace 4 años

Thanks David! We'll take your feedback into consideration!

Bryan
QA Manager en EE. UU.
Software informático, 11-50 empleados

Stellar Feature Rich Platform

5,0 hace 4 años

The ease of use for maintaining, connecting and sharing test cases are unrivaled. The platform is so feature rich every time I think of a feature I want to request they already have it!

Contras:

Takes a good amount of time to spin up a valuable framework. I think this can be mitigated by some test case best practices or maybe a super-user demo within the platform.

hace 4 años

Thank you for your review. TestRail's team regularly holds free live webinars on how to use TestRail - the are also available on demand: https://www.gurock.com/testrail/webinars?utm_source=adwords&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=dach_en_dsa&utm_content=&gclid=Cj0KCQjw09HzBRDrARIsAG60GP_ehxFpBMXyq4LpRnrpbUWQtfZSisx5yVS9728coJKu3wSHmoKbsesaAlTxEALw_wcB You can also watch our training videos here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-KDkGJYA2k&list=PL0VF8QJoqsVjVIr-KFpquhGidVQxGbSIo

Piotr
QA Automation Engineer en Irlanda
Software informático, 51-200 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

TestRail - test management better than competitors.

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I used TestRail in my previous company and I am using it in my current one. Firstly, it is easy to use, and all options and settings are close at hand. The structure of test management is also pretty clear. Projects -> Suites -> Sections -> Test cases. Easy to handle and maintain. The whole system is quite simple to integrate with e.g. Jenkins, Cypress, or Jira through the TestRail API. Some products are seamlessly integrated - like Jira, but for some products, scripts have to be written from scratch. Also, thanks to the fact that TR is widely used, there is plenty of help on the internet. Reporting and analysis can be adjusted to the user's needs and set to execute automatically, which can reduce the amount of work. Charts and analyses are easy to understand and can be expanded with the data you need. A big advantage is test parametrization and the ability to recognize and use test data sets. That allows having significantly fewer test cases to maintain. Product is being constantly developed and the customer service is good.
As for the downsides, sometimes minor bugs appear e.g. for some time there were duplicated input fields during test case creation/edition - nothing crucial, but it could be annoying. It was fixed two months later and now everything works correctly. The price is quite high and depends on the number of users.
All in all, in my opinion, TestRail is the best on the market providing user-friendly testing management.

The product is constantly developing. A lot of functionalities - API, test structure, reports, bug integrations, milestones, etc. Ease of use. Customizability. Integration with other software (e.g. Jira, Cypress, etc.)

Contras:

Minor bugs. Quite a high price. Rather plain design (not really intuitive)

Reeve
Staff QA Engineer en EE. UU.
Medios online, 501-1.000 empleados

Alternativas consideradas:

TestRail helps to keep things more organized

4,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Overall my experience with TestRail is good.

One thing I like the most about the software is the ability to create and share reports on test results.

Contras:

The thing I like least about the software is the test-case review process is not very streamlined.

Manish
Automation Lead en India
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 501-1.000 empleados

Easy to use Test Management tool

5,0 hace 3 años

Its very easy to add the test scenarios in the existing Test Run. We can create multiple Test runs and could create a lot many reports with different filters. As an admin too its very easy for me to give specific access to different members in my team.

Contras:

There should be some report format where I could show the Stories, linked Test scenarios, linked defects and their status in more readable way. As of now its there but I feel their is a need of more clarity in the reports.

hace 3 años

Hello Manish, thank you for taking the time to share such a detailed review of your experience using TestRail. We are always looking to improve the experience for all users. If you could share any more detailed feedback around what you'd like to see differently in the reports (either here or by sending us a few screenshots at [email protected]) that would be very much appreciated!

Ilya
QA Manager en Rusia
Tecnología y servicios de la información, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Good enough, but can be better

4,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Test management became easier.

Valuable reports (that's the main purpose of testing) Easy to onboard Supports is repsonsive and helps with your case Good API and integration with JIRA

Contras:

There is no integration with confluence (to get bubbles like for JIRA defects/tasks) You can't push an attachment in the jira (only can show an attachment in jira's plugin) API needs some extra methods to work with plans and runs with configuration (you allow to manipulate with it, but only in strict cases) Sometimes it takes too muck time to get a reply from staff on the forum.

hace 6 años

Ilya, Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. Much appreciated.. TestRail Team

Manoj
Engineer en India
Software informático, 1.001-5.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

I have been using TestRail for more than a year. It is a good tool for test case management. Overall

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Good tool for test case Management

1. It is simple to login in. It takes your windows login/pwd 2. Test cases copying from the previous release is easy. 3 The pie chart display of TC run is precise and informative. 4. Its filtering and selection option is superb. And I like this feature very much.

Contras:

1. I have administrative right to deleted folder, cases etc. But I feel delete option could have a bigger icon. Many times I have to search the tiny red button. 2. Artifact/screenshots addition option is good but after the run, you cannot add any artifact. You have to rerun test cases in testrail for future reference 3. Loading of GUIs takes little time [ but not often]

hace 6 años

Thanks so much from the TestRail team Manoj for taking the time to complete this review.

Daniel
Senior Manager QA en EE. UU.
Software informático, 10.000+ empleados

Must have tool

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: We are using TestRail to manage automated tests on a variety of projects, from API tests to application acceptance tests. We've integrated TestRail into various CI platforms with ease.

TestRail is powerful yet easy to learn and use. It is extremely flexible and we have not encountered any application of it that was not a perfect fit. It has been widely adopted by our QA and Dev teams.

Contras:

There are some admin features that could be easier such as managing users and grouping them for team access and policy rights.

Mark
Senior Software QA Analyst en EE. UU.
Servicios financieros, 501-1.000 empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Solid test case management tool

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Overall, we love the tool and have directed more teams to use it with the caveat that they do not have a lot of reporting needs.

Super easy to use and organize test cases. It works great and allows multiple structures depending on how your team manages test cases

Contras:

The reporting capabilities are extremely limited. There are some canned reports that you can tweak. We struggle to find what we need without a custom report. You cannot download them as PDF. You need to download them as HTML which is not ideal in most work place scenarios. We can get most of the info we need from the dashboard, but it would be nice to download as a pdf to excel/csv.

Juan
Juan
QA Director en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

Easily modified to work with your testing methodology

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: We were able to import our large set of tests in just a few short days and be up and running with a more robust tool that offered us an agile transformation.

*customized for any project * easy to get reports from * web based * can import from variety of other tools * good forums for help and ideas

Contras:

* can easily make it complex for others depending on how you setup * a few known issues that can cause data loss

hace 6 años

Thanks so much from the TestRail team Juan for taking the time to complete this review.

Jami
Sr. Manager Product Development en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

TestRail helped us get organized

4,0 hace 5 años

Our employees enjoyed the user interface, and the ease to organize test cases and move them around. We have seen value in the ability to link up to Jira for tracking bugs that have been found and also linking to requirements that are also tracked in Jira.

Contras:

The ability to have reporting at a higher level across all projects within TestRail. Need to have a better manager level view of everything.

Servicios financieros, 10.000+ empleados

TestRail Review

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: To be able to integrate well with both our automation and JIRA stories to show coverage

Versatile allows you to start projects in multiple styles of SDLC agile to waterfall Customizations are plenty - if you can code you can extend it

Contras:

the fact that you have to code to extend - the reporting tools out of the box are lacking

Servicios financieros, 10.000+ empleados
Fuente de la reseña

Good management very robust tool that can match most sdlc

4,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: Long time user and adapter

- clean interface - a few ways to equip/start projects - a lot of integrations - available API

Contras:

- so as much as it is adaptable by doing so it also makes it not the strongest tool since it needs to support many different styles - reporting engine to do customizations is a learning curve

Carolina
QA Lead en Chile
Servicios de información, 51-200 empleados

Excelent management tool

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: We are using testrail to manage all of our core tests in the platforms and the experience is excelent.

Easy to configure and use projects, testsuites and testcases. Can manage all projects independent. Integrations are easy for automatize testruns executions .

Contras:

I miss some integrations with others tools.

Fabricación de ferrocarriles, 10.000+ empleados

Easy to use

3,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: We liked the product but had a hard time integrating it with other software (Jira cloud version and TestRail cloud). But that was mostly our IT department not wanting us to connect that way. We moved to DevOps with it's Test Plan feature so had no need for TestRail anymore

This was very easy software to use. We used the cloud version. We were able to quickly setup Test Plans and cases with reports to watch how we were doing quality wise. The printed versions and online print versions of test cases were very useful.

Contras:

The export wasn't as good as I hoped. It lost all the images we had stored in each of the test cases.