15 años ayudando a las empresas colombianas
a elegir el mejor software

Opiniones de AdvancedMD EHR

Sobre AdvancedMD EHR

AdvancedEHR: ahorra tiempo y mejora los resultados clínicos con transferencia de datos fluida, gráficos sencillos, recetas electrónicas y herramientas de telemedicina.

Descubre más sobre AdvancedMD EHR

The price was good, the functionality was acceptable.

Contras:

The e-scribing is terrible. Chart notes are cumbersome and become huge without essential integrations.

Valoraciones de AdvancedMD EHR

3,6
Relación calidad-precio
3,3

Probabilidad de recomendación

AdvancedMD EHR tiene una valoración global de 3,6 estrellas sobre 5 según las 453 opiniones de usuarios de Capterra.

¿Ha utilizado AdvancedMD EHR antes?

Filtrar opiniones (453)

Vishal
Vishal
Senior AR Executive en India
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 1.001-5.000 empleados

AdvancedMD is good

5,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: Overall it was good experience by using AdvancedMD and I recommend it to others as well.

Working in AdvancedMD is good and it's user friendly.

Contras:

Sometimes there is glitch. Software becomes slow for 5 minutes. Again it will be back to normal.

Erica
Director, HR and Administration en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 11-50 empleados

Solid System

4,0 hace 8 meses

Comentarios: Overall, AdvancedMD is a solid software. They have a ways to go to catch up with current end user expectations to make the experience better, but they are dedicated to making enhancements.

AdvancedMD's ability to customize your templates is very good. You don't have to submit changes you'd like to implement to their development team to get them done; with the right permissions you're able to go in and make any changes you need to and they are available immediately. It does however take quite a bit of practice and patience to learn how to fully customize word merge templates. Their customer service is pretty helpful and readily available. Some of the customer service reps are really dedicated to finding solutions and are willing to try any and everything to help you find it, while others are not. Their account managers are really helpful and truly do advocate for what's best for their customers.

Contras:

As much as AdvancedMD is dedicated to enhancing their system, there are still some features that either need enhancing or don't exist, which for where we are in technology, could leave AdvancedMD lacking. For one, there isn't any marketing or referral data tracking in their Analytics feature. The customer survey isn't customizeable. Some essential features for telehealth are not there, for example an ask to mute feature. The connectivity for the telehealth feature could be better as well - we have lots of issues with patients and providers connecting to and maintaining their signal. If you don't have EDI agreements for electronic remittance, posting insurance payments is a very slow and tedious process with long wait times to navigate between fields. The online scheduling isn't truly integrated into their scheduling system. You have to create blocks and holds in order to populate the provider availability instead of it being able to see what's available based on the appointments that are already scheduled.

hace 7 meses

Thank you so much for taking the time to submit this review. We are submitting your enhancement suggestions to be reviewed by our product team.

Cassie
Patient Services Manager en EE. UU.
Práctica médica, 51-200 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Very disappointed in implementation, training and customer service

2,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: I feel like I would have issues with any system, we cannot expect perfection, so overall it's not terrible. Honestly the most baffling part is the incompetency of the support and tech team. When things go awry, that is the point of a support team. We have been using AdvancedMD for about 8 months, I know more about the system than a majority of the people I have spoken to in the support department. If you choose this system, just know you will need someone very intuitive and willing to be a problem solver without the help of AMD.

Basically everything our sales guy promised us we got, great price, features that we knew we needed are available. (switched from paper charting, so went in completely blind).

Contras:

Their customer service is by far my least favorite part. The implementation team was terrible and barely trained us, anything I understand about the system is because I figured it out myself through hours of trial & error/google searches/etc. Nearly every question or system issue we have had has been left unanswered, and almost any time I've reached out to support I can tell they have no idea what I am even asking. - You have to understand coding to make a simple note template. - The notes OFTEN have internal issues that change the note AFTER its signed.- There is no admin level that allows editing of a signed note...even when its a SYSTEM error and not user error. - Reporting is a MESS and very unorganized and difficult to figure out. You have to pay extra to get another level of reporting for BASIC information.- Things glitch all the time, support never knows why.- Even though it is a

Thomas
Physician-owner en EE. UU.
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

AdvancedMD is an excellent well integrated PM/EMR

5,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: I have been happy with Advanced MD and it helps me run my solo medical practice efficiently.

I have been using AdvanceMD for 6 years now. It is well integrated and has all of the software that I need in running my solo medical practice. It contains PM, Reporting, Messaging, Faxing, Patient Portal, EMR and E-prescribing. It is very customizable.

Contras:

It comes with a library of templates for the EMR but creating your own from scratch can be time consuming. Creating output of finished notes for these templates can also be difficult, but once it is set up it continues to work well.

Software informático, 11-50 empleados

New User for multiple clinics

4,0 hace 6 meses

Comentarios: We have installed this for a number of clinics in the last several months with more to come. After the normal hurdles at the start we are starting to really fly and our clients are very happy.

Without question the people and support from the company. The software is very good as well but without the backend support is just another piece of softare.

Contras:

A little confusing learning the AdvancedMD language. Differences in terminology was a short term stumbling block. Once that was cleared up all is great.

hace 6 meses

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave the review.

Andrew
PT clinic owner and PT en EE. UU.
Práctica médica, 11-50 empleados

Its Complicated

3,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: When it works well I am pretty pleased with the software, but I feel I have had to spend way too many hours trying to get things worked on and fixed, on the phone, on conference calls, and emailing or personal time troubleshooting problems. My job is being a PT and not chasing down software companies to get their job done right. I believe they should provide a customer support person designated to our practice that knows our workflow and has a direct line to work with.

The software is customizable to providers which is nice, we have tools that help track productivity and we are able to keep a constant stream of revenue with our billing.

Contras:

We have a hard time with troubleshooting software problems due to the complexity of the software and the customer support has not been pleasant to work with, often times waiting for over an hour on the phone to get some simple questions answered, emails that go weeks with no response, and problems that go months without being fixed. Also, it would be nice if there were some more automated features such as visit number tracking on patients chart and on patients notes for Physical Therapy, alerts or prompts for progress notes.

Patricia
Nurse Practitioner en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 11-50 empleados

Not for everyone

3,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: If there was a glitch, then getting support to fix the glitch was a nightmare. When I finally gave up, manager of support services helped but not until I had 2 weeks of downtime.

The mobile app was amazingly easy to use.

Contras:

Too many choices- made workflow confusing to user

William
Clinical Manager en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados

Mixed feelings

3,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: The implementation process was pleasant, they always made it on time for their meetings and provided all the promised training. We launched on schedule. We love the advanced features it has like mobile capability, integrated fax, etc. We have had challenges with RCM, but it is still way better than our previous RCM manager.

We decided on AdvancedMD when we were changing software because of the competitive price. It also had lots of the features we wanted. -Mobile App -Patient Portal -Good analytic tools These tools all work and help our practice. Love the scheduler too. Our practice uses way less paper now that our patients can fill out forms on tablets. We were also sold on its usability for podiatrists, but I think this program is best suited for MDs- just look at the name!

Contras:

None of the preset podiatry templates are usable for our DPMs, which is too bad. Some screens (scheduler) are super intuitive and clean, but other are clumsy and difficult to use (charge entry). I hope in further updates they can optimize the whole system. As others have noted, the template creator is difficult to use, and they charge a lot to get training or custom templates made by experts. We use them for RCM too, and that has been problematic at times. We were told during sales that it would only be a 1-2 hours of work per day for our office on billing and they would manage all denials and exclusions etc. This is only half true. They manage denials and exclusions by waiting forever to deal with them, or just sending them back to us if they don't know what to do. While they stay on top of the simple stuff like sending out claims and posting payments, we do most of the nitty gritty time consuming work. The Client Services team is responsive and you can always get someone on the phone quickly, but it can still take months to solve claims issues. They aren't the billing experts they claim to be, but it is still a useful service if you go into it with that expectation.

Kim
Psychiatrist en EE. UU.

Billed forever

3,0 hace 4 meses

Comentarios: Not designed for solo practitioner. Some of the med record design folks were inexperienced and rude

Relatively easy to learn , integrated well with escripts/billing

Contras:

6 months after retirement, they keep billing me after multiple calls. The files you must retain after coding are almost useless

hace 4 meses

Thank you for taking the time to leave the review. I would love to help resolve the billing issue that you're having after retirement. My email is [email protected]. Please reach out to me there so I can locate your account and help resolve the issue. Adam

Muhammad
Muhammad
Medical Doctor en Sudáfrica
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 10.000+ empleados
Ha utilizado el software durante: Prueba gratis

Great System

4,0 hace 2 meses

Advanced scheduling as well as great support from product development team.

Contras:

Poor integration and very expensive service.

Karen
Physician en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 2-10 empleados

Do NOT Use!!

1,0 el año pasado

Comentarios: The most horrific experience ever! Worst part is their contract has limits to their liability so even though their breach in contract resulted in over $630,000 in contractually adjusted charges for surgeries and another $300k in E/M collections, they only are responsible for paying $9k in both actual and punitive damages.

That we stopped using them and switched to Athena.

Contras:

They did not bill the insurance. Their team wrote off the claims without an attempt at billing the insurance company. When it was discovered, they then directly billed patients and sent soft collection letters without billing insurance again. Wrote off claims withOUT authorization.

Natalie
Project Administrator en EE. UU.
Práctica médica, 11-50 empleados

Advanced MD Review

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: We had a rough transition with Advanced MD but overall it has gotten a lot better and we don't have hardly any issues with the system.

There are multiple options to do things, which makes it user specific. I also love that the product development team is always working on ways to improve the system and is great when it comes to listening to the every-day users.

Contras:

The help file can be difficult to use. On the PM side, you can hit F1 and it will pull up the help file for the screen you're in but that doesn't work for EHR and finding the correct help file can be difficult. I haven't had a lot of luck with tier 1 customer support. I find it to be very frustrating to call and have a lot of times found the answer myself while waiting on hold. We feel very "nickle and dimed" by the company.

Dr
President en EE. UU.
Salud, bienestar y deporte, 2-10 empleados

Do NOT Buy!!!!

2,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: I should have listened to my gut and stayed with Athena. They suck too, but at least we got paid and the functionality was more intuitive. We're going back as soon as we can!

We liked the idea of having an easy way to communicate with one another about patients.

Contras:

1. Buggy and slow program. Doesn't work well on Chromebooks. 2. Chart files located in different parts of the software so you have to log in to an entirely different system (the practice management) from the clinical side. Ridiculous! 3. Implementation was the WORST. I paid $5000 to these people to design chart templates (and I sent photos and details, no less) and they still screwed it up royally. Online forms still do not port over to the patient's chart, and I just found out it has to be done MANUALLY in 2022. FAIL. 4. Patient facing appointment scheduler not showing all appointments 5. Billing is slow and follow up is practically nonexistent. We have to institute all back end follow up. 6. No ability to easily input referring physicians 7.

Anna
Client Services
Servicios financieros, 51-200 empleados

Mostly Good

4,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: AdvancedMD has done a superb job with their support team, I really can't say enough about their level of professionalism, expertise and willingness to go above and beyond to help with almost any situation. I've used other practice management products and AdvancedMD is by far the most user friendly.

I really don't know where to begin with the Pros of AdvancedMD. I might have to say the Video Training Library is one of my favorite parts of AdvancedMD. It is a guide or a visual aid to assist any user in the practice by displaying and explaining how things work. After any formal training a user may have questions or uncertainties with regard to posting payments, processing claims, adding demographics, etc. With pretty much one click of the mouse or F1 you have access to training. The ease of use is another Pro to AdvancedMD, you don't have to be afraid to experiment or test different aspects of the Practice Management piece. I like how the product has evolved over the past 5 years and their social media piece "NEST" shows their willingness to relate to a younger generation of users while making it user friendly for us old folks too.

Contras:

I would have to say the reporting piece is lacking from an accounting point of view, and the idea that Advanced Insight is available at a per provider fee is definitely not the answer I want to hear. The financial health of a practice can only be measured in numbers, increase the subscription to AdvancedMD and throw in Advanced Insight, it's a win win!

Amy
President en EE. UU.
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 11-50 empleados

Great Service, Feature Rich, Excellent Results

5,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: We have been customers for over 12 years and I have never found a product that offers as many features, better customer service, and overall return on investment. It has allowed our business to scale efficiently from day one, and provided us with a vehicle for cutting edge features, at a price that made sense for our business every step of the way.

The cloud based platform allows for very flexible use and collaboration between users and locations. There are many features offered and added each year, keeping up with the latest advances, efficiencies and automations. The workflows are well thought out, both from a clinical perspective, as well as the administrative and accounting workflows. Level of customization for reporting is unparalleled outside of building your own report servers. Customer service has remained consistently outstanding for over 12 years, with an emphasis and focus on the user experience. I've never seen help files that are as robust and updated as consistently, and the phone support is consistently awesome. Friendly people, user friendly product, great value for the price.

Contras:

There are still specific areas that do not allow full customization.

Susan
Práctica médica, Trabajador autónomo

Occupational Therapists DO NOT USE

3,0 hace 5 años

Comentarios: AFTER I signed a one year contract, my Implementation Trainer revealed she was a specialist in mental health. There was NO specialist in THERAPY. There were NO Occupational Therapy templates I could modify. I was told I could PAY MORE for someone else in another department to create all the templates I was promised and shown. The sales manager talked with me after several weeks and AGREED they could not and did not meet my needs. However, there has been ZERO communication after that. No return calls, no return emails. I continue to be charged monthly for a very expensive service I can not access. The unprofessional operation of such a large company is surprising and unethical. It is a breach if contract-yet I have not been released. The negative impact on my start-up company had been DEVASTATING, yet I can not get a response. I DO NOT RECOMMEND ADVANCED MD unless you are well established and not Occupational Therapy. I don't trust anything they say, as there is no follow up or consistently.

Has everything for most medical practices. Integrated billing.

Contras:

The software is great for software technicians and highly skilled medical office staff. However, it is NOT good for therapists. I was promised software that would have OT templates I could modify to meet my needs. I was shown examples of this. I was given a sob story of how they would hold my hand through the whole process. Unfortunately, the really was extremely different! There was no software to meet my needs. The creation of forms requires a degree in coding.

Office Manager en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

AdvancedMD has been & still is a very good experience. The implemtation process was very organized

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: Its changing our practice, and we will soon be "Chart" free (paper that is).

The overall functionality is superb. I can log-in from any computer, or at home, even from my phone. Like when you need to know how early a patient can get in the next day or that morning. All of the parts work together as a whole like a finely tuned machine. The appointment schedule is a multi-tasker in itself, you can get to pretty much any function you need from there (except master files, fee schedules & settings, which are more of an admin function). Charge entry is awesome, and seamless to "search" for diagnosis codes and procedure codes. And, the insurance payment Auto-Posting is Unbelievable, like adjusting off correct amounts, putting patient responsible amounts to the patient account correctly, and in literally a minute or so. Also AMD is compatible with using "Dragon" for voice text entry and especially SOAP note creation. One of the absolutely best things is, it doesn't matter what specialty or type of provider you are, it will cover all of the bases. I began using billing & practice management software in the 80's so I have a lot to compare AMD to, so take a CLOSE look at AMD, and take it for a test drive !!!

Contras:

I think there should be the ability to do "Diagnosis pointing", so that U can define a specific Dx code to be most primary to each line item. For some practice types, that have more repitition of same or similar treatment from visit to visit, like PT or Chiro etc, I think having the functionality of somewhat more automated EHR note creating from visit to visit would also be helpful, even though AMD has a huge library of templates which is really awesome.

VaJezatha

Alternativas consideradas:

Beware If you are NOT an MD, don't!

2,0 hace 2 años

Comentarios: If you are not a hospital or a very large medical office of the body, DO NOT. The sell is excellent, marketing excellent, but like Jimmy Choos everyone wants a pair but really? You at work every day.....for comfort, ease and practicality without the price gouging, in behavioral health..... Simple Practice!

The people, once you get off hold, are patient and knowledgeable.

Contras:

The data is held hostage for another 2 grand after bleeding you nearly $300 monthly for what Simple Practice can give (plus Google Calendar intergration!) for less than $100.

Samantha
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

AdvancedMD PM - Improving but....

2,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: I have had many issues with AMD over the years. I have been using the product for 5 years. The system looks outdated (although they are updating it slowly). Some sections require multiple clicks when you would think it would be just one. I have had multiple issues with support not following up. In fact, on one occasion I was informed that I was the only practice having the issue and they had no desire to fix it (which is poor customer service!). They charge you for each and every little thing separately. Other PM systems include certain features that AMD wants to charge additionally each month for, such as appointment confirmations and insurance verification. My biggest issue is employee tracking. You have to pay for additional reporting features to run a report to see whatever employee was doing each day (and they weren't really clear that with the additional reporting that I could create the report I wanted!). They leave much to be desired and I am looking for another system. We just don't want to be stuck like we are with AMD.

claims processing is clear. That's about ALL this system currently has going for it.

Contras:

Everything else. Literally every single thing else.

susn
office manager en EE. UU.

Poorly written program

2,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: Customer support generally easy to reach and very nice. Unfortunately, they frequently cannot help.

Schedule relatively easy to use. It seemed easy to use and learn. Has an embedded credit card processor which saves steps but is expensive.

Contras:

Cannot edit any payment entries. It voids the transaction and you have to re-enter it. Reports are inadequate without having to purchase a specialized program so that you can create your own reports. . Does not have a clear to read report for only patient payments for year end reports for patients. . Does not show how a patient payment was paid or the payment date or check number if a check.. Does not total the payments so that patient's can match up their payments. We do liability cases and workers comp and we can not easily print CMS forms, or reports. The transaction detail reports do not list the payer and do not break down payments or write offs by insurance carriers. It is listed in a lump sum only.

Gary
Ha utilizado el software durante: No especificado
3,0 hace 11 años

Comentarios: After 4 months post going paperless, I can say AdvancedMD has been a mixed bag. We are a multispecialty group that primarily deals with workers compensation which requires a plethora of individualized forms and data. We use both the Practice Mangement (PM) billing program and the Electronic Health Records (EHR) program, but we only use the PM to hold information as billing in workers compensation must be done separately by another company. The PM is counterintuitive with it being practically impossible to track and tag custom information. For instance, we need to track attorney names and address attached to a case/patient. There are custom data entry fields, but these fields are not accessable by any reporting, datasheet, or anywhere within the PM or EHR. I couldn't build a simple demosheet in the PM. The EHR can only get some information from the PM program and only in the predesignated format which is strange. So, if you want the diagnoses from the billing program you can only get it as a table with attached start, chronic, and resolved dates (dates which can't be accessed from the EHR). We had to repeat the data in the EHR for many instances like this. Where AdvancedMD shines is the possibilities for programming custom reports in the EHR. While the interface can be frustrating with inane quirks, it is possible to create true detailed narrative reports. I have incredibly detailed reports that are quickly generated from the exam, but it took me over 150 hours to program. The customizable reports are why we stayed with AdvancedMD. Recording exams and handling chart items in the EHR is a breeze. The iLearn program is good. They can even do basic customization for you. You have to realize that someone at your office needs to become the expert on the system. You cannot depend on anyone at AdvancedMD to be able to change your templates later on. It is, however, relatively easy. Technical support can only reread the help files for you. In summary, we love the EHR organization and the custom report ability. We don't like the PM program due to its inability to have any custom date and some of the quirks of programming the EHR. If they made just a few basic functionalities available and had technical service, they could have a product that was head and shoulders above the rest.

Bronwyn
owner/operator en EE. UU.
Fuente de la reseña

We have used Advanced EHR/PM x 3 years since opening a small clinic. Satisfaction is fair.

2,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: The benefits are the mobility from desktop to mobile device is very useful and I believe the possibility of capturing our quality data will be good....eventually.

The tab driven system is relatively easy to navigate. I believe it has the ability to address our quality measures and the templates are configurable. Customer support is good about putting out fires, however not preventing them. I really appreciate the CIE inbound and outbound option.

Contras:

The absolute LACK of timely communication and the lack of support to small clinics. For example, the ability to capture MIPS/MACRA data is available, however not easily accessible at least not to this provider who is also IT!!!! The configurable templates are probably "easy" if you are into IT!!!! There are too many "products", ie NEST, Insight etc. with limited explanation to their purpose. There doesn't seem to be any proactive resources for small clinics.

Doreen
Director/Provider en EE. UU.

Very Disappointed

3,0 hace 6 años

Comentarios: They will promise the moon and stars leaving you staring up at a black sky! I suggest you look elsewhere!

Instant eligibility checking, ability to access a patient’s medication history from insurance company with touch of a button, template customization is easy.

Contras:

Too many different ways to do the same thing making it convoluted. Not at all user friendly or intuitive. Clunky. Hiccup after hiccup. Horrible mostly non existent tech support. Lots of errors and failed rx transmissions. Impossible to easily print a note or part of the chart! It doesn’t format to print without first creating what’s called a word merge template that coincides with each note template. Then you can create a document to print using this word merge option which pulls your note into a word doc. From there you need to edit spacing and copy and paste anything it failed to pull forward before you have a semi-professional note to print! Takes me at least an extra 20 minutes to do this! Ridiculous! Not to mention the price I was quoted and agreed to was half of what my average bill has been and they still, after 6 months have not been able to get billing set up with all my pay or sources!

Lisa
Billing Manager
Práctica médica, 51-200 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Best PM Application out there - HANDS DOWN! NO COMPARISON TO OTHERS THAT ARE CURRENTLY OUT ON THE MARKET - I KNOW.

5,0 hace 8 años

Comentarios: Listen... My words are worth their weight and gold! I do IT. I know computer software applications in healthcare. I have used almost everyone of them out there and can tell you this.. Billing. If you get another program your business will not be as financially successful as it could be. I know how to build databases, program and can tell you this was written by people who have done the job! I can't rave enough about the product!
Worse one out there... Centricity - Most labor intensive billing module there is! It's horrible. It in itself can cause a company to always stay in the red. I am experiencing it now and have twice in the past.Centricity - GET THIS CAN'T PRINT DOSAGE ON PAPER CLAIMS YOU HAVE TO MANUALLY ADD IT. WANT TO PRINT A CLAIM FORM AND SAVE IT TO YOUR DESKTOP - CAN'T. - STAY AWAY FROM CENTRICITY - AMD - WILL BE MORE EXPENSIVE BUT YOU WILL SEE TRIPLE THE CASH FLOW. - IT'S CRAZY THE BLACK AND WHITE OF IT.

Everything. - It would be lengthy to tell you the specifics of why it's better. Okay let's start here.... Everything is in a box - and it all flows and makes sense. button are where they should be. the process is smooth - I am a systems efficiencies expert and this is the only application that can follow suit. Online app can access from home.

Contras:

Um.... THus the point. I swear to Jesus if you knew me and to know I sit and can't write anything shocks me... I am a critic is the worst way.. Advanced MD is the total package - I have no complaints about people support or applications. I don't think I would use advanced md if I was a physical therapist. there that's it - it is not the best application for PT or DME. - but all other specialties it is the best.

Donna
Administrator
Hospital y atención sanitaria, 2-10 empleados
Fuente: SoftwareAdvice

Very easy to learn and use.

5,0 hace 7 años

Comentarios: We recently had to leave Adv MD because our EHR, that we had before Adv MD, recently developed scheduling and billing modules. That kept everything under one roof, but we still miss the convenience of the many features of Adv MD that our EHR does not have. I have no reservation in recommending Adv MD.

There were many reports useful for billing, contract negotiation, AR, and patient demographics. It was easy to break out what charts had not been billed yet, what procedures were used the most, and how many patients were in what financial class or carrier. The schedule was super easy to see at a glance, daily, weekly or monthly.

Contras:

Some reports did not offer the option of beginning and ending dates. For example, to get a report of how many worker's compensation patients we saw in any given year, we would have to create a custom report that required a fee.